THAT mini!!!! - A Wish list...

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: THAT mini!!!! - A Wish list...

Post by MagickalMemories »

I've said for years that they'd make a FORTUNE off of non-collectible pre-paints.
Basically, do what WotC did but, instead of packing them in blind packs, put them out in squads, units and singles.
You get 10 tacticals (1 sgt with PSword, 1 flamer and 1 Missile Launcher) for $X. For $Y, $Z, $A, etc., you can buy a Sgt with a PFist or a Melta Tactical or a different Heavy Weapon.
You do that with each of the codex options (maybe not VEHICLES) for all the mainstays and make the lesser used options (certain MEQ armies, etc) a limited edition for a slightly higher price (maybe 10% more). Make them tournament legal and GW RAKES in the money.
Hell, I would even be tempted to pick some up.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

psiekier wrote:... and either one of my ladz has wandered off, or I'm actually lacking two of them. So many squadboyz waving bolters and chainswords around here, I may have overlooked another one!

[ Click to Enlarge ]
I was missing another one, but thanks to "Bridgend Steve" Casey in Merry Olde England, that problem is now solved:

[ Click to Enlarge ]
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

psiekier wrote: I was missing another one, but thanks to "Bridgend Steve" Casey in Merry Olde England, that problem is now solved:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Citadel-GW-Wh40 ... true&rt=nc

[Shakes fist!]

Actually, I can't complain; he second chanced me on that fig. And if anyone was going to outbid me, I'm glad it was you.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:[Shakes fist!]

Actually, I can't complain; he second chanced me on that fig. And if anyone was going to outbid me, I'm glad it was you.
LOL!

So that was you bidding me up there at the end, s_o_r_r_o_w?!? Small world, I guess. So, did you take Steve up on his Second Chance offer?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

psiekier wrote: So that was you bidding me up there at the end, s_o_r_r_o_w?!? Small world, I guess. So, did you take Steve up on his Second Chance offer?
Yep. I have a complete set of these bad boys (filling out a veteran slot in my Crimson Fists army), but I'm trying to set up a second one for a themed Kill Team.

They're actually a very unusual and, I think, rare set of models--frequently overlooked by most RT enthusiasts.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I love that you guys (those few vocal RT colectors here) are so understanding about it and don't take it personally ("LOL! So that was you bidding me up there at the end..."). I also like how you guys cheer each others' finds.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

MagickalMemories wrote:I love that you guys (those few vocal RT colectors here) are so understanding about it and don't take it personally ("LOL! So that was you bidding me up there at the end..."). I also like how you guys cheer each others' finds.
Men united in service to The Emperor are blessed in His sight, and will live forever in His memory. :wink:
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

psiekier wrote: Men united in service to The Emperor are blessed in His sight, and will live forever in His memory. :wink:
This, exactly.

My fellow collectors are the ideal audience--they know the pain of disappointment and the triumph of victory like no one else can.

I know that there are a lot of people out there that don't "get" the RT figs (or whatever oddball thing I'm chasing)--so it's great to have appreciative people that I can share this with:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-R ... true&rt=nc

(I didn't bid on it, but if I had a little more cash in hand....)

And I'm always happier to lose a fig to one of the local boys than some outlander. :)

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Okay... I'm not a fan of most RT models, but I REALLY like that one. I could see some serious Slaaneshi influence there. LOL

Eric

psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

Sometimes, the mundane can become the sought after. I think we've proven that with all the Mk VI transition beekees upthread. I want this guy, only not broken:

[ Click to Enlarge ]

The model has a raised fin that surrounds the left shoulder pauldron and Citadel - in its infinite wisdom - cast the power fist arm with the sprue connected to the fin. If you're not careful, you'll end up with this situation here: a big chunk taken out of what is an otherwise gorgeous model.

... and don't get me started on Finecast!

Also, I picked these guys up without really intending to find them. They were mis-identified as Dark Angels because they had come with two of the Arch-Magos's backpack, which has what looks like a Dark Angels symbol on the back.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

They are of course Adeptus Mechanicus Engineers and an Artisan from the old Skulz promotional set. Now I need to avail myself of three suitable servo-arms...
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

psiekier wrote:
Also, I picked these guys up without really intending to find them. They were mis-identified as Dark Angels because they had come with two of the Arch-Magos's backpack, which has what looks like a Dark Angels symbol on the back.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

They are of course Adeptus Mechanicus Engineers and an Artisan from the old Skulz promotional set. Now I need to avail myself of three suitable servo-arms...
Those are a very nice find. I love that set.

You can find lone backpacks offered on eBay quite regularly for not-insane amounts of money.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Phil D ( 480 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Phil D »

So many great minis here. I'd have to think about the one that I always wanted that I eventually found....

I have two models that I didn't buy when I had the opportunity and they've been my white whale since:

1) the Forgeworld Atlas Recovery Vehicle. No real in-game use, just loved the look of it. Never bought it the hundreds of times I looked at it, then it goes bye-bye for good.

2) the Forgeworld Anphelion Base. I had that in my basket at one time, and it totalled up to about $1k, I was all set to pull the trigger, then waited. Then - poof. Now its so expensive on the secondary market that I'll likely never see it.

Ah well. I've learned a very important lesson in my years of buying (and missing) - if you want it, buy it. It might not be there tomorrow :-)
skuller ( 310 )
Bartertown's Bob Ross

Post by skuller »

So many things that I really don't know where to start, but I think will be the mordheim set of sisters of sigmar that has interchangeable hands I being so close to get them time and again on evilbay just to get sniped at the last second. Another set or two of the enginseers would hurt my collection either.
No international trades (not including Canada)
BTR rules
lower rates ship first
---------
Hail Hydra!!!
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

So, Bridgend Steve was at it again this week, I just didn't have the capital to fight for this guy...

Not exactly pretty as far as First Edition beekees go, but he would've been a "nice to have".
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I pushed it up at the tail end, but missed him.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”