New Shadowrun Fiction Released

Role Playing Game discussion area.

Moderator: Moderators

Critias ( 6 )
New Trader

New Shadowrun Fiction Released

Post by Critias »

Just thought I'd take a sec to try and spread the word -- Shadowrun just released their first piece of stand-alone fiction after a couple years of dry spell, called "Neat." So far I'm thrilled with how well-received it's been! It's a novella, in e-book format, for about $3. The story follows a hard-boiled PI, Jimmy Kincaid, as he tries to get to the bottom of a missing persons case (with megacorporate entanglements, organized crime involvement, and all that sort of fun stuff).

If they help you make up your mind, you can find reviews for it here http://www.drivethrufiction.com/product ... _id=107953 and here http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Neat-eb ... Descending. They've been great so far, and hopefully we'll see more posted soon.

Or if you're already a Shadowrun fan and just want to get your hands on it right away, here you go!
[Admin Edit - If you're not an advertiser, you can't post links to purchase your book... Though, you're welcome to still talk about it. - MM]

If anyone's got any questions, comments, or anything else they'd like to chatter about it, please don't hesitate to holler at me here, on the official SR forums (where I also go by Critias), or even looking me up on Twitter (@RussellZee) if you like.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: New Shadowrun Fiction Released

Post by MagickalMemories »

Would it be a fair guess to say that, since you're @RussellZee, and the author is Russell Zimmerman... that YOU are the author?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Critias ( 6 )
New Trader

Re: New Shadowrun Fiction Released

Post by Critias »

MagickalMemories wrote:Would it be a fair guess to say that, since you're @RussellZee, and the author is Russell Zimmerman... that YOU are the author?

Eric
Err, yeah. Sorry. I guess I didn't make that as clear as I could have. :oops:

I've been playing Shadowrun since early 1990, writing for them for the last couple of years (sourcebooks, and the snippets of fiction that go into sourcebooks), and now I got the chance to do some stand-alone fiction. I'm half-psyched for the opportunity, and half-psyched at Shadowrun kicking off new fiction in the first place!

Return to “The Storyteller's Stage”