Long Sword bit for knights?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Long Sword bit for knights?

Post by larks »

Anyone know a company that produces a medieval style long sword that can be substituted for a knights reaper chain sword? The only thing I found was the grey knight dredknight sword but it looks fat and silly tbh. I tried looking on some 3d printing sites but couldnt find any there.
sincerely,

Matt
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: Long Sword bit for knights?

Post by wsott1970 »

Maybe old empire/Mordheim bits... I have recently sorted all of mine if you want to take a look at them for reference (or to trade - I don't need any remaining bits). Try Kromlech/Spell Crow/Scribor... might have something there...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I don't know of any off hand. You could try searching Shapeways to see what's out there.

Have you considered the sword from the Great Unclean one? granted, it would require a bit of conversion to work on a loyalist knight, but it IS a good size. When I did my Nurgle Knight conversion I considered using it, but decided on a more "infested" look.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

OHHHH... Does he mean a big knight? I was thinking cavalry knights... silly...

Yeah, not a clue where you could get matching size stuff that wouldn't cost a fortune (in specific)... but have you thought about Asian toys... like the old giant ones (the mazinga-z stuff or some crazy Robotech/Voltron stuff)... probably also expensive though... Maybe something more contemporary like Gundam stuff (though I know zero about that).

In retrospect, it seems obvious that he meant a Giant, Robot Sword... lol

Sean
larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by larks »

@MagickalMemories - I checked the 3d printing route but didnt see any .

@wsott1970 - that is something I didnt think about. I grab the dollar store monster trucks for conversion wheels on the cheap.. I should look and see if they have any big toy knights or something.. something to think about anyways.
sincerely,

Matt
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

I see something but it is an external post on imgur... just a random thing and I will send it to him... looks freaking awesome (but expensive too)... Sombody (like an etsy person must have made these)...

Sean
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

The real answer may be to have them forged... It will get you exactly what you want... and while expensive it might only be 2.5-5 as expensive as what you find that kind of works anyway... and then it is a working (work) of art (and if you have to shiv somebody in game - lol).

My daughter works the forges but I don't think she is good enough for that (yet) - actually funny - my step-daughter (that is older) is a whitesmith (of sorts) but we don't talk much... You could always contact a true blacksmith (or even a person that only forges blades) or even a whitesmith (they do jewelry)... I have contemplated a whitesmith for imperial crowns (at proper scale) to put on my converted (larger) ghouls kings/queens... British Monarchy replicas in 28-30mm scale are sadly not as widely available as at other scales.

Sean

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”