Does YOUR Chaos codex contain errors?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Does YOUR Chaos codex contain errors?

Post by MagickalMemories »

Phobos wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:49 am
I wonder if this was fixed....
The last "new" codex I saw... maybe 6 months ago or so? STILL had the problem.
wsott1970 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 pm
One of the few good things on GW/FW is that they will make it right if you ask... a lot of times you can just take to the local store (assuming you are lucky enough to have one) and they will swap and just send it back to GW.
They didn't make it EXACTLY right, but good enough.
In the end, they sent me 3 copies. All were screwed. If the CSR Rep is to be believed (I believe him), he went through dozens of copies and they all had the error. In the end, I got $120 in site credit, and a promise that, if they ever Do get a good copy, I can email for a free replacement.

I'd honestly RATHER have gotten a valid copy at the time but, of the options available to me, this one was the best. I'm not UNhappy.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Phobos ( 6 )
New Trader

Post by Phobos »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:34 pm
Phobos wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:49 am
I wonder if this was fixed....
The last "new" codex I saw... maybe 6 months ago or so? STILL had the problem.
wsott1970 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 pm
One of the few good things on GW/FW is that they will make it right if you ask... a lot of times you can just take to the local store (assuming you are lucky enough to have one) and they will swap and just send it back to GW.
They didn't make it EXACTLY right, but good enough.
In the end, they sent me 3 copies. All were screwed. If the CSR Rep is to be believed (I believe him), he went through dozens of copies and they all had the error. In the end, I got $120 in site credit, and a promise that, if they ever Do get a good copy, I can email for a free replacement.

I'd honestly RATHER have gotten a valid copy at the time but, of the options available to me, this one was the best. I'm not UNhappy.

Eric
There must be a bunch of these with the errors "out in the wild" so to speak. GW will typically just replace and let you keep the bad copy/model/whatever... if someone then resells it, well. The cycle continues.

I just checked mine that I received last night from another member here and it was correct.

It's crazy that you have had such bad luck with this. Wish I had something useful to say but man... at least they tried I guess.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Did you get it from a Canadian?

Mine was perfect. Like myself. A Canadian.

;)

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Interestingly, no. I even made sure to point it out at the time (Canadian codices, not your perfection).
The guy was looking at US and UK copies.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”