What do you think about the "NEW" 8th edition changes???

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: What do you think about the "NEW" 8th edition changes???

Post by MagickalMemories »

spiralingcadaver wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:09 pm
That, or figure out a way to go digital like oh-so-many other companies, and have a living rules set with books built around events.
Actually, I'd take issue with this. It WOULD cause me to stop buying all together.
If GW ever stops putting out printed documents, I'm washing my hands of them. I don't want to have to use digital media only. I despise it.

They do, however, have digital content available for most of their 40K stuff, if not all (Not sure if the indexes are available as digital).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:19 pm
They do, however, have digital content available for most of their 40K stuff, if not all (Not sure if the indexes are available as digital).
They are (at a discount even). And I agree, I like physical books.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

I don't think anyone's gone wholly digital? Either way, I like print media as much as the next person (probably more, I've printed both my own material and done a lot of print work for others) I think, though, that for the temp indexes, it would have been a reasonable option.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

SO you think the idea of going "digital" with rules books is a good idea? Wow you really do wanna keep people out of the game shops. I'm sure GW has a serious mark up on these books already. And its a one and done deal for them. The idea of digital online rules as a "LIVING" rules system would eventually cost more for them. the constant maintenance of servers alone would cut into their profits. Then the lack of people entering the game shop to buy books and the spontaneous purchase while there hurts the game even more. Its bad enough online stores cut into GW sales to the point they had to force stores to rules about selling online. But you think digital rules would be better. Not everyone walks around with a 300.00 cell phone that can down load rules apps. Plus how many times would you be asked to delete something in your phone just to make room for the "NEW" update. I only play clash of clans on my phone and this has been asked of me on several occasions.

GW said the "NEW RULES" system was to draw new players into the game by controlling costs and simplifying the game. And yet we have to pay 75.00 for the index and codex alone. While previous edition it was just 45-50.00 for just a codex. And yet the fan boys run around saying how GREAT Gw is with their new ideas. (SNICKERS WITH A CHUCKLE).As I said before, the more things change the more it stays the same.
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

No. I don't think wholly digital is an answer, nor was I suggesting it. I was suggesting a living rules set (such as infinity's) that covered the bulk of rules could have worked.

I'm sorry, I don't have the energy to defend myself against your criticisms about things you inferred I said in detail, but I wasn't arguing for apps, can't imagine text files could use a huge amount of server power, and believe that most of what's driving people away from the GW retail market is that it just plain costs too much to build an army the way GW intends you to (salvaging secondhand is probably 90% of my collection). I agree that costs are ridiculous, though I don't know how one can snicker and chuckle at the same time... the only thing I can imagine sounds like a phlegmy fit.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”