Shadow War Armageddon

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Shadow War Armageddon

Post by starslayer »

Shadow War Armageddon

Anyone see this? A Necromunda rehash using "regular" 40K armies. I might actually check it out. I havent bought a GW product in a long, long time. (maybe a decade+?)
It seems "sold out", unless you want to pay scalpers prices. But Im sure it will be sold again in another form.

Thoughts?
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Shadow War Armageddon

Post by kturock »

GW already said the book will be for sale by itself. You can get the datasheets/warscrolls, whatever they're calling them FREE online from GW on there site.

Here's the link to the different Kill teams for sale. Each page has a download of the stats for each squad.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wa ... 0130a-flat

EDIT:
actually, I just followed the link. UIt's the same 60 page dowlad that has all of the kill teams squads special rules.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

starslayer wrote:Anyone see this?
Yes, it's sitting on the floor of the computer room next to the spare bed.
starslayer wrote:A Necromunda rehash using "regular" 40K armies. I might actually check it out. I havent bought a GW product in a long, long time. (maybe a decade+?)
It seems "sold out", unless you want to pay scalpers prices. But Im sure it will be sold again in another form.
I bought one at my FLGS Saturday morning. They're going pretty fast.

Da roolz book book will eventually be available by itself. Other than that, you get the awesome terrain (several more modular pieces of which are soon to be released/are up for pre-order), ten Space Marine scouts, ten Ork Boyz, and one Ork Nob. Plus there are all sorts of little counters, da usual templates, and some miscellaneous fiddly bitz that look a lot like the counters we used to get with Second Edition stuff.
starslayer wrote:Thoughts?
Necromunda was based entirely on the Second Edition rules for 40K. Shadow War is the Necromunda roolz with some of the broken stuff taken out and all of today's armies (Necrons are going to be very hard to kill!) crammed in.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

I picked up a copy. My store had 3. I like Necromunda. I looked over the rules and it's very similar. But without the gangs, cannibalism and slavery. Too bad.
Looks fun. I've seen the book will be released with all the extra factions.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”