HAS GW GONE COMPLETELY TO THE SIDE OF IDIOTS!!!

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

HAS GW GONE COMPLETELY TO THE SIDE OF IDIOTS!!!

Post by nightlord »

WTH GW??!! Why are we getting another marine codex?? WHY WHY WHY??!!! Chaos has the oldest codex . It was released right after the new rules were released so What The H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS???!!! Im so sick of GWs SH#$%^&T AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

WAKE UP!!!!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: HAS GW GONE COMPLETELY TO THE SIDE OF IDIOTS!!!

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Eh, 'cause they usually release a marine codex early in each edition. One of the perks of being a popular army. This one happened to be a pretty nice set of tweaks to units plus some strong formations.

Is CSM the oldest? I lost track. Either way, they've been pretty lackluster post 3.5 and its cool legion rules and broken other stuff. GW has no rhyme or reason to their stuff other than what sells.

Waited for Lost and the Damned for ages before giving up (now it's basically back in the most recent update list finally... which does actually look pretty good) and am currently wondering what Tyrant's Legion is going to look like, which may be the oldest? It was 5th edition, updated with a stopgap list for 6th, and now we're in 7th and it's pretty embarrassing.

Your request that GW wake up assumes they're, IDK, uh, capable of balanced rules if they were "awake"? At least there's some formations and Daemonkin to hold you over. All Dark Eldar got was getting screwed...
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Remember GW does not write rules for competition. Therefore it will never be balanced completely. They have said it again and again that they did not write them with tournaments in mind but for fluffy battles.

That being said. Space Marines sell. They sell very well. So of course they are going to update them more often than the other races.

Technically Sisters is the oldest, as their "ebook only" codex wasn't much of an update compared to what CSM got.

CSM is getting Daemonkin books. Tzeentch is supposedly fairly soon and eventually Nurgle and Slaanesh will be getting one. So you cannot say they aren't getting any treatment.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

GW will do what they think they need to do in order to make the registers ring sales. Period. Chaos does have the oldest book in regards to 'hardcover' books. but Sisters have THE oldest book of armies still for sale on GWs site and their joke of GW stores.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Tau, Daemons and Chaos are all older than SOB.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

pretre wrote:Tau, Daemons and Chaos are all older than SOB.
TMK, if your counting the WD SoB codex yes. I am not counting it. I was counting real books.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

jason1977 wrote:
pretre wrote:Tau, Daemons and Chaos are all older than SOB.
TMK, if your counting the WD SoB codex yes. I am not counting it. I was counting real books.
The WD was replaced by codex: adepta sororitas. Sob haven't had a physical book codex since 2nd edition. C:WH was a shoehorned inquisition book.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”