Horus Hersey getting mainstream support..

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Horus Hersey getting mainstream support..

Post by jul »

Hi all,

so GW is dropping the bomb in May with a non-legion specific plastic starter set for HH.
with LoTR phasing out to direct only and Horus Heresy range having a greater demand than Fantasy, that will change the game.
For once, GW seems to have listened to its customer base and is responding appropriately.
As far as the rumors go, GW will produce non specific units, leaving FW producing upgrade packs (some of those are already available with the repacking of torsos, heads and pads in a single blister). plastic amour marks are also a great help to build sizable army and reducing the cost for the players

As a exemple, building a 20 man squad fully upgraded from FW costs almost 300$, by pricing the tactical the same price as the current 40k version, that cost is reduces to 200$ (based on the Deathguard upgrade packs). and that's prior to any potential discounts available almost everywhere.
I guess GW will also sell the upgrade packs though their online store as direct only as well. That reduces the logistical issues linked to general release of FW products while still making them available to a larger crowd.

I'm quite happy with this move, the future is going to be interesting with GW having 2 complementary setups in the grim dark... as long as they let the FW team develops the rules.
Would it be enough to get GW back on track and make players forget the last couple of years of psychose? i think yes, the last year have been good so far, hopefully it will continue this way. If they could only bring back a bits service...;)

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Re: Horus Hersey getting mainstream support..

Post by psiekier »

jul wrote:plastic amour marks are also a great help to build sizable army and reducing the cost for the players
Easier to put together than these ladz, I suppose, but you still have to paint all those molecular bonding studs regardless of what the model is made of!

[ Click to Enlarge ]

jul wrote:If they could only bring back a bits service...;)
Now that would be something I'd sit up and pay attention for. There'd have to be some practical way to do the plastics, though. It's not like the 1990's when most of the really fancy bitz you wanted were still metal... and I'm not terribly interested in buying a whole Blood Angels assault terminator sprue just to get the re-sculpted Blood Angels teleport homer (now with new grail-shaped beacon!).
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

I doubt GW will release this without also trying to sell us overpriced and under quality rule books.

For a company that insists it is a model company it really tries hard to make its customers buy lots and lots of rule books.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

jul wrote:Hi all,

so GW is dropping the bomb in May with a non-legion specific plastic starter set for HH.
J
This is all still rumors. The most reliable ones have said that it is bunk or well off and not in May at all.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”