Daemon Princes and Marks

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Daemon Princes and Marks

Post by vurumai »

In the current CSM Codex on p. 94 in the Daemon Prince unit entry, it says that you HAVE to upgrade them to one of the Chaos Gods. Then in their unit description on p. 33 it describes the effects of being a Daemon of each god. On p. 30 it details what each of the Marks of Chaos do. No where does it say or imply that dedicating the Daemon Prince to a Chaos God confers the effects of a Mark of Chaos. Are these two different and mutually exclusive systems for dedicating units to Chaos?
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Daemon Princes and Marks

Post by MagickalMemories »

A lot of people made mistakes on this when it first came out. Taking, for example, a Demon Prince of Tzeentch and turning his 5+ Invulnerable into a 4+.

The trick is in reading the wording. P. 30 describes what happens when you give a "Mark of Chaos" to a particular unit (Sorcerer, Lord, Obliterators, etc) and P. 33 says what happens when your Demon Prince is a "Demon of 'XYZ'." Turning to the entry on page 94, you'll see that you're not "giving them a Mark" of that God but "Dedicating" them to that God.

In short, Yes. They're mutually exclusive. Demon Princes get different things from their God than other units do.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Post by vurumai »

Thanks for summarizing what I just wrote.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Seems to be answered then. Plus if they get psychic powers they have to take at least one (and not more than half) of their powers from their patron's list. However the Demon book doesn't have that limitation.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

vurumai wrote:Thanks for summarizing what I just wrote.
You're welcome.
I didn't summarize, however. I elaborated on the situation and answered your question.
Close enough for some, though, I guess.

You asked:
Are these two different and mutually exclusive systems for dedicating units to Chaos?
I gave new information (others also having been uncertain about this), pointed out a specific you didn't mention (dedicated vs. Mark) then followed up by answering your question. Thus, I (a) gave you information you did not have or (b) gave you a second response that you can use for the person(s) for whom you were asking.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Yeah, no need to snark at MM.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”