WHY are the newer....

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

WHY are the newer....

Post by nightlord »

Hey guys I need an opinion here. The previous edition 40k mini rule book used to sell for about 10.00 on line/ ebay. Why is everyone demanding 40.00 for the current edition mini rules book??

In the previous edition I had both the hard back and the mini book. I carried the mini book with me to the shop for games and tournies.

Latest edition I still bought the 3 book set. But every time I see one of the mini books for sale the seller wants 40.00 or more. WHY???!!!!

I haven't picked up and look at a mini book yet, so whats in it that demands such a high price???

Its bad enough GW charges 50.00 for a codex. I would have been happy with a soft cover version for 10-15.00 cheaper. Its not like these will become collectables later on.

I actually took 4 OOP rules books, glued them together. Drilled a hole through the middle. and made a lamp stand out of them. A little brushed on clear coat to keep em water proof. and BAMM!! I had a cool looking free standing lamp that I salvaged from a goodwill store.
I plan on doing this with all my old warhammer fantasy books next. MUHAHAHAAA!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: WHY are the newer....

Post by kturock »

The price of the mini book will drop. You can get a full size hardback book from GW for $58. That's just the rulebook, not the other 2.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/War ... -The-Rules

And that has free shipping.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Yeah it's because it is still "the new thing" and mini-books sell better since no one likes hauling the large books around.

It'll eventually drop in price.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

People are on a high since stormclaw was selling for so much...not like 7th ed dark vengeance doesn't have the same dang book in it... Also eBay sellers will almost never drop price on items (not like this book is intended for individual sale either) yeah its super disapointing
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

The problem was Dark Vengeance didn't have the 7th edition book for a long time, and the only source was the limited edition Stormclaw. It will come down, but the problem stems from there never being a new true starter set for 7th. Not as many people want to buy more of the old DV just for a new book, and if they do.. they want $40 for it since they can't move most of the rest of the starter.

GW basically found a great way to screw everyone again, and the reseller market makes the stupid mini-rules seem decently priced. Then again, I got the full sized hardback of just the rules for $30 online, so.. winner winner chicken dinner.

And the fact that it was maybe all of two years since the last new edition came out.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”