Heralds of Ruin KT Help

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Heralds of Ruin KT Help

Post by 3eland »

Hey Btowners,

So in less than a month I will be starting a (Painted) Kill Team Campaign with my gaming group using the rules by The Heralds of Ruin: http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.ca/p/ki ... rules.html

I am torn between three armies (mind you I only own three armies).

Tyranids - Mostly because they have always been what I play.

Sisters - I just bought an entire force and so will have plenty to paint and play. That and I LOVE the Flamer theme and on a few test games using the rules I had so many people on fire! LOL

Black Templars - With my Sisters I got a decently sizable Black Templar list (that and I just bought a Crusader Kit). I would be wanting more CC for these guys where as the Sisters would be more shooty.

I did up some test lists too!

Sisters:
LEADER -34

Celestian -34
-Power Sword
-Brazier of Holy Fire

CORE -70

Battle Sister x5 -70
-1 has a Heavy Flamer

SPECIAL -94

Seraphim x2 -50
-Both have Hand Flamers

Retributors x2 -44
-Both have Heavy Flamer
Played the above list twice. Worked well, tons of people on fire. The biggest thing I came across was vs other shooty lists. With Flamers you don't get to stand back vs a shooty list and so you have to advance forward. That and T3 across the field was not good vs Plasma guns.

Tyranids:
LEADERS -50

Alpha -40
-Flesh Hooks

CORE -50

Hormagaunt x2 -50

SPECIAL -110

Ravener x2 -60

Lictor -50
A fast list, that and I think the Lictor has to be one of the few models equipped for KT.

Second list options:
LEADER -60

Broodlord -60

CORE -84

Stealers x6 -84

SPECIAL -50

Lictor -50

comes to 194
The above list is pure creepy crawly. I played it twice before with great success. Flamers hurt though as they just eat through Stealers.

I haven't decided on a BT list. I made up a fun one to try but not sure if it would do well:

Black Templars:
LEADER -60

Sergeant -60
-Termie Armour
-Hammer and Shield

CORE -135

Termie x3 -135
-Hammer and Shield x3

Comes to 195
The above list, like I said, I'm not sure how well it would do. I haven't seen many AP2 weapons but it's always that single roll you fail that gets you.

Any who, anyone recommend a list or army I should play? I'm open to anything really, I have just less than a month to make my 200 point list (well 250 point list but you can only field 200 in a single game -this is so you can field other things too).

I will be playing against Space Wolves, Tau and Dark Angels for sure. Maybe Necrons and Dark Eldar though too.

Thanks all!

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”