What best represents forces from a Knight World?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Drewvolker ( 102 )
Resident Trader

What best represents forces from a Knight World?

Post by Drewvolker »

Hey there fellow b-towners.

I recently gave the fluff behind Imperial Knights a look and well.. fell in love more or less. So much so I may actually want to do a Knight force over marines, which is a huge deal for me since marines have always been my passion in the setting.

I've kept reading about the fluff and what not, and how I am thinking of doing a Imperial Knight force with both Knights and normal troops from their Knight World. More or less the personal armies of the custom knight house I am making.

Trying to think which codex would best fit this. The knights are obviously the Imperial Knight codex, but the troops. I think Astra Militarum would probably be best, but wanted to see if anyone had some input.

Also I can't seem to find much info on if Knight Worlds have modern tech like lasguns and the like. I want them to look like they make sense.

So I basically also want to know if you all think it'd make more sense to use more modern looking models, aka flak armor and lasguns, or perhaps older looking models with chainmail for armor, maybe laslocks.

Thanks in advance!
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: What best represents forces from a Knight World?

Post by optimusprime14 »

Knight worlds, while they still retain a feudal system, for the most part are on par with the rest of the greater Imperium. Meaning they would have all the tech that most other planets have. AM is probably your best bet, but depending on the fluff behind your Knights this might change.

If they are a regular house that is not tied to the Adeptus Mechanicus then the AM would work. I might include a tech priest here or there for fluff reasons. Keep it light on the heavy tanks (no LR squads) but have enough boots on the ground.

If you are Ad-Mech allied then you can (if you have the $$$) run the Ad-Mech army from FW, or failing that maybe run converted vets in Chimera's to make the force seem a little more elite.

If you go by the Sanctus Reach books, it looks like they have just the Knights and need to rely on outside AM for support on that world. There is no set fluff for Knight worlds. This is your fluff so you can make of it what you will. If you don't choose to follow one of the standard houses you have a little freedom to go your own way

I've got 3 Knights that I've done up as a Freeblade force and I'm painting up a Militarum Tempestus force in Taurox's for them. Kind of a field support unit of troops that are fast enough to keep up with the Knights.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MattHoell ( 100 )
Resident Trader

Post by MattHoell »

I would say Tau might best represent all the different foot troops that run with Knights. Have you read Titanicus?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I think a slightly medievally themed Imperial Guard army is the way to go. Probably light on vehicles (a role reserved for the Knights themselves).

Knights Worlds probably have some of the "cleanest" tech available, given the advanced tech of their Knights--but you could also go all grimy with the "rabble" below the shiny Knights.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

If you have the funds, you could do some very interesting kitbashes with Cadian/IG models (even tanks and fliers) and Brettonian models.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

Dang! dang! dang!

Now I want a imperial knight house.... Grrrr to you all!!!! It might be old models (not sure if they are in newer plastics) i have been out for a while but iron hands space Marines might be amazing to field with a knights faction... That would be amazing with all of the fluff on the iron fathers tech priest tie-ins and chapter history
Drewvolker ( 102 )
Resident Trader

Post by Drewvolker »

Thanks a bunch for the input everyone!

I think I am going to go with a medievally themed guard force. Kitbash using normal guard bits and human fantasy kits (looking a lot at the mantic games ones). Also like the look of scions as they have a armored feel to them.

Either way, as said thanks a ton!
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

I think the Scions (Stormtroopers) would be interesting as companions. Then again, that is what my idea is.. :D

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”