Kasrkins? Stormtroopers?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Kasrkins? Stormtroopers?

Post by mardaddy601 »

I had finally gotten around to wanting to list my *many* metal Kasrkin Stormtroopers for sale, went over to the GW website to see what they are going for nowadays, and they are missing from the GW website COMPLETELY. As if they are now OOP.

A search of both those terms on their site comes up, "NO RESULTS FOUND."

Anyone have anything about this? I mean, I know they re-named the IG so they can trademark it, a search of "Imperial Guard" will give the NO RESULTS FOUND, but they did not do away with ANY of the models when renaming the core…

And I know they now have newer models, "Scions," (probably to trademark THAT too), but I do not have a codex – do these Scions completely replace the "Stormtrooper" and "Veteran" role/slot that Kasrkins and other Stormtrooper models used to fill?
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Re: Kasrkins? Stormtroopers?

Post by ssapper »

Sell me your stormtroopers, as I still use them!

But yes, Scions pretty much are the new version...from what I gather...
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

GW metal all gone. Almost (tmk) everything is plastic.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Post by mardaddy601 »

ssapper wrote:Sell me your stormtroopers, as I still use them!

But yes, Scions pretty much are the new version...from what I gather...

Well, let me PM a list to you then!!

Jason1977 - Not everything plastic. They have Valhallens, Vostroyans, Tallarn, Last Chancers, Steel Legion, Gaunt's Ghosts, Mordians... all metal, all still for sale on the website - hence my bewilderment why no Kasrkins or Stormtroopers.
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Kaskrin were in metal, then (maybe) fine cast. They are trying hard to remove any and all finecast in new production.

So no Kaskrin. Plus the story about them got retconned away (with the removal of the results of the 13th black crusade)
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Yeah, I love the kasrkin and 3rd edition storm troopers. The scions look okay, but both the others had places (kasrkin were a big part of cadia's fluff back in 3.5 and the 3rd edition storm troopers had been part of the inquisition line and books for quite some time.

...speaking of which, just realized that, in order to play the minis in the original daemon hunters codex, you now need:
codex GK
codex INQ
codex assassins
codes fakus latinus... er, storm troopers or whatever.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”