Question about Warhammer 40k vehicles

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

JohnBlackhawk ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Question about Warhammer 40k vehicles

Post by JohnBlackhawk »

Now i'm personally kind of new to the warhammer 40k world, i've been thinking about taking up painting vehicle models. My question is which vechicles are the ones everyone want? I've thought of painting tau vechicles and possibly gun drones. But my current impression is maybe i should look at some of the space marine vehicles to?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Question about Warhammer 40k vehicles

Post by MagickalMemories »

No vehicles are the ones "everyone" wants any more.
The newest SM vehicles are Hunters and Stalkers. People with existing armies are most likely to be looking for these.
Since the new Eldar codex came out, wave Serpents have become quite powerful.

You didn't say so, but it LOOKS as if you're wanting to know because you want to sell them for profit. Keep in mind that we only allow advertisers to do that on BTown. So, you'd have to sell them elsewhere, like eBay (or become an advertiser, of course).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

7th Edition made drop pods very popular as well.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
JohnBlackhawk ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by JohnBlackhawk »

i mean do people tend to design their armies around apcs vehicles? or more fighting vehicles? I'm trying to get a handle on this warhammer 40k game but its kinda difficult without having a codex to look at.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

What army are you thinking of? It's hard to say for sure without knowing what army you're interested in.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
JohnBlackhawk ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by JohnBlackhawk »

Well i'm honestly leaning towards taus, because they look like they will prove better for a beginner painter.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Is the painting strictly hobby related or do you actually want to play the army? Their vehicles may be smoother in shape but I wouldn't say they are easier to paint. Probably harder due to the softer edges and the larger surface area.

Also paint brush or airbrush? It matters greatly.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
JohnBlackhawk ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by JohnBlackhawk »

Eventually i will want to play though i haven't worked out the most economical way to get the books i seem to need? Well my thinking is they are less scary to paint well compared to other groups. I mean thinking about some of the space marine vechicles the first person i see with a well painted space marine vechicle/mech i'm going to be a little in awe of the painter. I figure id change base coats as needed and use a paint brush for any detailing work. Because it seems to me painting alot of it has to do with the methodology you select.
Galley ( 144 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Galley »

I'd go with Waveserpents or Drop Pods if I were you. Always a strong staple, especially now.
-------------------------------------------------------
"There is no God I assure you. Someone, some -thing- rules in his place."

I reserve the right to ask all traders/buyers/sellers to send first if they have a lower rating.

@FishDeadDaemon

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”