Starting a Sisters army with a Black Templar attachment

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Starting a Sisters army with a Black Templar attachment

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:It looks really cool, the fact that 6 can shoot out and yet still have an AV14 protective building is rock solid. Do you take the TL-QG? The Punisher Gatling Cannon (although no AP) looks deadly if you had two on there.
I take the 2 Quad-Icarus Lascannons and add the Magos Machine Spirit for +1BS. Makes it 230.

Pop a heavy weapon squad in there (Retributors work well), and you're good to go.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

If it allowed you to manual fire the emplaced weapons, the Punishers would be rock solid (Retributors making them rending would be hilarious).
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

pretre wrote:If it allowed you to manual fire the emplaced weapons, the Punishers would be rock solid (Retributors making them rending would be hilarious).
That's what I was thinking! Too bad they have to be auto. I think I'll just stick with the Bastion (it is still pretty awesome!). perhaps later if I decide to expand the Sister's I'll look into cooler buildings.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I have used the bastion a lot. It is really solid for the points cost.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

My next game (probably tomorrow night) will be vs Eldar. Any suggestions using the list? I don't want to alter the list, since I am still testing it out and rather than buying leaps of metal that "might" get played I want to stick to something. I would, though, like opinions/advice/helpful tactics from Eldar players and those who have faced Eldar players.

Here it is again so you don't have to look back for it:

Sisters: 1224
Celestine -135
-placed inside Seraphims

Seraphim x7 -125
-2 Sisters will exchange for Hand Flamers

Priest -25
-placed inside Terminator unit

Priest -25
-placed inside Crusader unit

Battle Sisters x5 -115
-Flamer
-Hvy-Flamer
-Rhino

Battle Sisters x5 -115
-Flamer
-Hvy-Flamer
-Rhino

Dominions x5 -175
-Melta-gun x4
-Immolator
--Twin-linked Multi-Melta
--Laud Hailer

Retributors x7 -134
-Heavy Bolters x4
-Simulacrum Imperialis
-placed inside Bastion

Bastion -125
-Quad Gun

Exorcist -125

Exorcist -125
Black Templars: 771
Captain -120
-Black Templar Chapter tactics
-Lightning Claws x2
-placed inside Terminator unit

Terminator Assault Squad x5 -225
-Hammer and Shields

Captain, Priest and Termi squad inside:

Land Raider Redeemer -240

Crusader Squad x9 -200
-Powerfist x1
-Exchange Boltgun for Chainsword for free
-Rhino
Total: 1995
~Ryan~

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

You don't have any psykers, so the psychic phase is going to be ALL him (presuming he plays psykers). In a typical list, you're looking at 11 WC, and that's from the main detachment (or whatever the Hell they're calling it now). That's presuming there are no allies or unbound shenaniganery to deal with, too. Your only pool will be the d6 that he rolls.
DO NOT WASTE THESE RESOURCES.
Save them for if/when he tries to cast ON YOU. Let him get off whatever spells on himself that he wants. You need to protect yourself more than you need to thwart him. If, when you get to the end of the phase, you have dice left and he's casting with HIS last dice... go ahead and blow the whole lot, trying to thwart him. Otherwise, just give him free rein.

Remember that Wraithknights are T8 and A3. Most people won't take the 5++ on them, so unload your Exorcists on him. Target priority. Also, remember that he has S10 AP1 as a base shooting weapon with 36+ range on them. Make sure you get cover from them if you HAVE to, but try to just stay out of range.

Flyers can pour out some decent S8 AP2, as well. Keep your eyes out for them. Target them with your skyfire, where possible.

Remember that Eldar bikes are fast Space Marines with Jink LOL (T4, A3). If you can hit them with Heavy Flamers, do it.

Watch out for...err... Bladestorm (?) on splinter weapons. Sixes to wound will blow through your armor.

If we knew his list, of course, I could point out more threats. These are the ones you'd see against MY Eldar most, though.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I could get his list, we play friendly and this is all a learning experience any way, he knows what i am playing with. Thanks for the comment though so far, it makes me know more of what to expect. Going to need to stick to cover as best as I can I think. Now that I know the Immolator can scout I'll have to use it to my advantage.

Noted on the Psyker phase, I'll make sure to keep that in mind when he is casting. Luckily for me in the last game there was nothing big to watch out for.

Yes I imagine I'll see 1 if not 2 Wraithknights. They shall be my Exorcist targets!

Thanks for the tips MM, if I get a list (or general overview of what he is thinking of bringing) I'll post it up!
~Ryan~

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Focus all Exorcist fire on ONE Wraithknight until it drops. Unless he's in REALLY good cover or you roll REALLY crappy on your shots, you should have enough shots to kill 1 per turn if you roll decently.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:Focus all Exorcist fire on ONE Wraithknight until it drops. Unless he's in REALLY good cover or you roll REALLY crappy on your shots, you should have enough shots to kill 1 per turn if you roll decently.

Eric
Well... It's generally not that favorable, but you have a good chance.

Keep in mind that 2 exorcists is 7 shots. 14/3 hit. 14/6 wound. That's only 2 wounds a turn.

I generally take prioritize other threats with exorcists. The TH/SS termies should make him run scared anyways. Although, the WK is probably the only thing that can pop the LR, so maybe MM is right.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

pretre wrote:I generally take prioritize other threats with exorcists. The TH/SS termies should make him run scared anyways. Although, the WK is probably the only thing that can pop the LR, so maybe MM is right.
You and your silly "odds," pretre! : )
He's only going to average that many shots, hits & wounds if he doesn't have the power of positive thinking on his side. LOL

You're right about the TH/SS, of course... but they'll be useless until turn two at BEST. By the assault phase on T2, you could easily have a dead Wraithknight & a second one on the way.
Don't forget Lance weapons, though. They can be bad, too. Don't Eldar have a S9 lance in there somewhere? It's getting Pen hits on 4's, as opposed to 5's for the WKnight. Str. 8 Lances are getting Pen hits on 5's, too. Lance weapons typically only get +1 on the chart, of course, due to AP2. So, that's where the WKnight is scarier.

Too bad you're not using psykers (LOL). Prescience on your Exorcists would ROCK.

Oh... and watch out for Dark Reapers. They can get S8, AP3 shots. They get expensive, but they're VALUABLE (those really ARE scary when Guided)!

Eric

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Thanks all!

So there has been a slight change of plans, he is bringing Orks first before his Eldar. He sent me a picture this morning with the words "I think you will be fighting Orks... Yes... Lots of nobs".

From the picture I can make out two planes (the 9 shot ones most likely?), a Red Truck, power axe guys it looks like? Bikers, not sure what those are. Any last minute strats vs this? He seems to think multi-wound models will do well vs me. I know Orks are tough (only played vs them twice) but how bad does it look?

If you guys like I can get a turn by turn battle Report for this game? -Let me know!
IMG_4127[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Looks like two Dakkajets, some Meganobs or 'Ard Boys in a trukk, two squads of boys and the bikes.

Bikes or Nob Bikers have a 4+ cover save always, but die to Heavy flamers fast. Exorcists also do good work. Make sure to pop the Painboy first if you are up against nobs. If you get first turn, you can probably pop the painboy with Dominions.

Nobs or 'Ard boys drop to exorcists pretty easy. The hard part will be the dakkajets.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

What should my Termies prioritize as their first objective (unit to kill)? Probably the Trukk and leave the bikers to my flamers? Also, the Trukk is open top no? Wouldn't it be easier to try and pop it off turn one? AP1 from the Exorcists means +3 to total (or is it max +2)?
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:What should my Termies prioritize as their first objective (unit to kill)? Probably the Trukk and leave the bikers to my flamers? Also, the Trukk is open top no? Wouldn't it be easier to try and pop it off turn one? AP1 from the Exorcists means +3 to total (or is it max +2)?
Depends on whether those are nob bikers or not. If they are nob bikers, they will be a pretty huge chunk of his points. I would shoot the crap out of them turn one and then charge.

If the trukk is nobs, I would pop it and charge it.

Basically, whichever the biggest, nastiest unit is, shoot the crap out of it and then charge it to deny it the charge.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Alright. If I go first (and depending on the units) I think the Dom sisters could probably do well vs the Trukk. If I can immobilize the Trukk, that means they all have to walk. However, the Ignore Cover Act of Faith could do wonders vs the bikers.
~Ryan~

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”