Thoughts on the new imperial knights playability

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

cal483647 ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Thoughts on the new imperial knights playability

Post by cal483647 »

Hey guys I wanted to get your thoughts on how playable these models are going to be whether it be solo or as a group compared to it's points cost. I'm horribad at theory crafting/numbers crunching but with 13/12/12 + 6 hull points I just can't see them living long enough even with their shields to justify their points cost. Something else that irks me is that unless I'm mistaken they also don't have any way deal with flyers on their own. Please voice your opinions as I am contemplating on picking these up....well definitely at some points but it may be later just for looks if they can't make up their points.
Waiting for feedback from the following: none
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Thoughts on the new imperial knights playability

Post by optimusprime14 »

To me they look to be a great support unit. THe one thing to remember that even at 13/12/12, they are super heavies, so no explodes or imob. results. You will have to strip all 6 hp off of it. 1 won't be that hard to take down, just like 1 riptide, or 1 wraithknight. However when you start taking 2-3 of them it's a different story.

Yes they have no way to deal with flyers, but theese are point heavy enought thet you will build an army around them to compensate for that. Quad guns, storm talons, vendetta's are all things you can use.

I don't think they will affect the game the same way as riptides since those can be joined by characters, but I do think they are going to be worth thier points cost.

The 4+ I think is better than people give it credit for. Since you get to pick where it is in your opponents shooting phase (rumoured) that will have a big effect. AV13 is nothing to sneeze at either. You need S7 just to glance it.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Re: Thoughts on the new imperial knights playability

Post by NuWishA »

In addition, while they are shooting at your knight, you can break their face with your other stuff. Though as of right now they are pretty limited against anything flying.. However if they manage to down a FMC with their stubbers hilarity will ensue when they run up and break its face with their D-Saw.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”