New to TT 40k/Answers/Gettoknowtheforum

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

UltraMarinesPlx ( 4 )
Trade Novice

New to TT 40k/Answers/Gettoknowtheforum

Post by UltraMarinesPlx »

Hey! I'm new to this awesome place, my buddy turned me on to here when I started really wanting to get into Warhammer.

I've had a draw and like for the minis, since I was a kid. ( 27 now. )And I was thinking a few months ago, well now is the time to finally do the one hobby I always wanted to do- Collect/Paint/Diorama 40k pieces and finally play!

I know the lore, love the lore it's what drew me to it and the Space Marines are by far my favorite army.

What got you guys into Warhammer 40k?

And tips for a new player? ( I got my Codex and Fancy Rules; 6th and 5th editions. ). Setting up an Ultramarine army/Or what would be your choice for another Space Marine army. Ect. Just get the ball rolling, I'm always interested in reading and having awesome conversations with others.

Any tips/tricks/advice/dosanddonots are highly accepted and appreciated.
92530, Zipcode.
Build an awesome Space Marine Army, for Under 600 Dollars. It can be done, I'm doing it. :P
180 spent so far.
Owed Ref by- Necroutes/Traded Ds3 4 Space MAHRINES
MeanBone ( 48 )
Trade Novice

Re: New to TT 40k/Answers/Gettoknowtheforum

Post by MeanBone »

What got me into 40K ... Necromunda, initially. Loved the smaller scale and the campaign focus, and the metal models from the mid-90s -- incredible. Then, the 40K starter sets. They have progressively become more and more amazing. What they can do with plastic now is simply mind-blowing. I'd love to see a re-release of Necromunda using new plastic sets so you could customize gangs. Maybe someday...
UltraMarinesPlx ( 4 )
Trade Novice

Re: New to TT 40k/Answers/Gettoknowtheforum

Post by UltraMarinesPlx »

Necromunda... Doing a quick google, that game looks awesome.

And yeah, the minis are what drew me. I was a kid in the 90s- So I remember looking at my Uncle's minis like; Whoooa I NEEED THESE.
92530, Zipcode.
Build an awesome Space Marine Army, for Under 600 Dollars. It can be done, I'm doing it. :P
180 spent so far.
Owed Ref by- Necroutes/Traded Ds3 4 Space MAHRINES

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”