Favourite Space Marine Chapter and why?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

FURIOSO ( 0 )
New Trader

Favourite Space Marine Chapter and why?

Post by FURIOSO »

I'll go first, blood angels and their successors because the death company look and are absolutely awesome.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Re: Favourite Space Marine Chapter and why?

Post by psiekier »

I've been playing Blood Angels off and on for over 20 years. Originally, in First Edition, they didn't have any special rules that set them apart from any other chapter, but I had several bottles of Testor's red flat enamel paint handy, so I painted my RTB-01 beekees red. There was no deeper meaning to the selection than that.

Over the years I've come to really appreciate the Blood Angels aesthetic (those Space Hulk Terminators are the sweetest, aren't they?), even through all of its changes, but I do also like the deep green of the Salamanders and shiny blue of the Ultramarines.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

OK, here goes:

1. Crimson Fists. First and best, because they were on the cover of Rogue Trader. Striking colour scheme; last stand; tragic and tough. Everything you want out of a Space Marine.

2. Raven Guard. Black. Beakies.

3. Dark Angels. Robes, mysterious, Interrogator Chaplains.

4. Flesh Tearers. All the highlights of Blood Angels; none of the emo whingeing.

Honourable mentions:

World Eaters. They EAT WORLDS.

Night Lords. Terror is scary. Lightning armour.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
FURIOSO ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by FURIOSO »

I must say I love the lamenters too, the proud title holders of unluckiest chapter since the soul drinkers
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

FURIOSO wrote:I must say I love the lamenters too, the proud title holders of unluckiest chapter since the soul drinkers
That's what you get for having CHECKERS as an integral part of your paint scheme. And a Valentine's Day card for a chapter symbol. ;)

Also--they were BEFORE the Soul Drinkers.

And is anyone unluckier than the Firehawks?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

I'd say the unluckiest ones are as yet un-named. They would be the two stricken from the records.I love them all to be honest as each has their own theme. If I had to choose though, I'd say the space wolves or the blood angels for their "aberrant" stories.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

My Space Marine chapter (many years ago when I played 40k) was Iron Hands. What little fluff exists for these guys is fantastic. Love the emphasis on the dreadnoughts and the idea of the Iron Father priest/techmarine.
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
Garlicson2 ( 84 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Garlicson2 »

My top 5 Space Marine chapters:

1. Dark Angels. Love the Deathwing Company, robes over their power armour, and Plasma. Plasma everywhere.

2. Black Templars. They're Angry Marines, and I like their medieval style. Also their scouts fight along side the Space Marines, which is cool.

3. Blood Ravens. Mostly because of them being in video games, and their characters in DoW II are funny. Commander Boreale is my favorite out of the rest in the chapter.

4. Crimson Fists. Love the novel Ryan's World where the chapter gets over run by Orks. A cool chapter that managed to survive!

5. Sisters of Battle. I know they don't count as Space Marines, but come on, they are close to female Space Marines as we can get!
Couple of things to know when trading with me:

1. Lower rating ships/trades first (Me included), unless your ad states vice versa, NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. The price on my lot does NOT include shipping, unless my ad says otherwise.

3. I'm not good with shipping at the same time, so if our rating is the same, we should discuss who'll send first.

Other than that, I'm a easy going trader, so don't hesitate to make any offer, worst I can say is "No thanks".
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

I'm going to jump in with the Blood Angel love. I've always liked the fluff behind them

White Scars too, just because I ride myself I have to love a mounted army!
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

The Maelstrom/Badab chapters have some serious favorites: Astral Claws, Lamenters, Minotaurs (well, just how they look), Mantis Warriors, Carcharadons.

From the classic 9 and their big successors, Dark Angels have a special place in my heart from my youth, as do Iron Hands.

Night Lords, Death Guard, and Sons of Horus get honorable mentions.

If I had to pick just one, Astral Claws, largely because of a different take on their fall, toned-down gothic look, and a really nice color scheme. Also, they and the Carcharadons got saved from embarrassing obscurity, which I appreciate.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

There is no chapter better than the Iron Griffons.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Don't actually know anything about them.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
leth ( 352 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by leth »

Deathwatch because they are awesome and allow me to paint a bunch of different chapters.
USA

My prices/trades are just estimates, I do not know the going rate. If you want to know sooner, send me a offer.

Just started my painting blog. To keep myself painting mostly
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

spiralingcadaver wrote:Don't actually know anything about them.
That's because they're my home-brew. :mrgreen:

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
UltraMarinesPlx ( 4 )
Trade Novice

Post by UltraMarinesPlx »

Ultramarines - Gotta love the dedication and the fact Horus would only strike with them off in a far away sector.

And the Imperial Fists - sacred Object- Hand of Dorn. Amazing fluff and lore right there.
92530, Zipcode.
Build an awesome Space Marine Army, for Under 600 Dollars. It can be done, I'm doing it. :P
180 spent so far.
Owed Ref by- Necroutes/Traded Ds3 4 Space MAHRINES

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”