Anything new for Iron Warriors?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Anything new for Iron Warriors?

Post by kturock »

I know it's against the rules to say whats in the books; but not against the rules to say yes or no.

So, I'm thinking [against my better judgement] of getting some Space Marines.

Since I've had all of the old chapters, and most of the new ones just don't intereste me, I figured I'd try something in between.
Not too cheesey. Not over powered. Hopefully.

Also, easy to paint. ;-)

So back to the question.
Is there any rules for Iron Hands.

The Iron Warriors got nerfed in the CSM. Anything special for the Iron Hands? Special rules or formations?

EDIT:
I see they got 2 special rules, but not any formations.
But I guess all of the other special new models, even though everyone else can get them, are about it.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Anything new for Iron Warriors?

Post by TheRhino »

In a word: no.

There are no Iron Hands specific units or characters in the book. You'll have to operate solely on their new Chapter tactics and the existing FOC. They do have access to all of the new units that were introduced, but there are no new Chapter units like an Iron Father or anything of that sort.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Thanks Rhino for taking the time to answer. I got a chance to look through Space Marines book and saw they didn't get any "love".

So back to the usual.
Either generic, space puppies [had years ago before they became cheese], da [had years ago before the 1 turn cross the board cheese], ba [had them twice years ago. just seemed like watered down CSM], bt [had them years ago. seemed like weak GK] white scars [never had them but one of the locals was glad they didn't lose something that implied cheese],ravens, fists, salamanders, [is there any difference?].
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

I was surprised when they didn't get anything, I thought the rumor mill was claiming they were getting a character, but maybe they will do one of the add on type books that they are doing and put in a few of the smaller chapters.
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

IMO their chapter tactics are one of the better choices. It does make vehicles somewhat viable again. No special characters but the Chapter master can be made to be a real beat stick now without breaking the (points) bank
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

Their Chapter Tactics are indeed interesting. Give your HQ some artificer armor or the Shield Eternal (for Eternal Warrior) and he can suck up saves all daylong, and then regenerate the ones he loses. They also fit nicely with the Master of the Forge who allows up to six Dreads, but when you do that, you might be hurting for points for the other slots, and the fighty Chapter master or Captain.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I wouldn't say "no love." Others got MORE love, sure, but there are some interesting possibilities for ALL the included chapters, IMO.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”