Trouble painting Forge world models

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Ellian ( 2 )
New Trader

Trouble painting Forge world models

Post by Ellian »

As he title says I have soaked in detergent for 10 mins and washed with a tooth brush but It didn't help I also tried to wipe if any residue with nail polish remover a again no go, the paint rolls together like when you try to paint plastic??
Feeling frustrated :-(
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Trouble painting Forge world models

Post by pretre »

People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
JimC ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by JimC »

And the surface on some parts is just too smooth, a little sanding on large open spaces can improve the surface for paint adhesion.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

If the paint's pooling, they're probably not clean enough. Try again with a stronger cleanser.
Also, like pretre said... Primer. If you're not priming them, you're wasting your time.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spacewolfbill ( 120 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by spacewolfbill »

I use pine-sol, soak for a few minutes toothbrush abit, run under water.(not hot water) never had a problem. FW likes to soak their molds in mold release. that's why the get bubbles in their casts.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Prime them with a real primer like Tamiya or Mr Hobby after soaking them in a grease removal product (dish soap works pretty well in warm water).
those primer leave a fine texture over the models which can be sanded if needed but also help greatly for the paint to adhere properly to the model. Mr Hobby 1200 Surface Primer is probably the best of all. this one is also available in pot for airbrushing.

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”