Did GW ever make a "Rogue Trader" mini?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

kermitfries ( 10 )
Trade Novice

Re: Did GW ever make a "Rogue Trader" mini?

Post by kermitfries »

So I have been doing a little research, and after reading through all of my old White Dwarf issues, I found this little slice of fried gold. Apparently Games-Workshop DID in fact make a miniature of a Rogue Trader. It was on page 66 of issue 118. Pretty cool, I found someone who is going to sell me one, so I am one happy camper. I scanned the page from my magazine and have included it below.

Last edited by kermitfries on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It can't rain all the time."
-Brandon Lee
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

kermitfries wrote:So I have been doing a little research, and after reading through all of my old White Dwarf issues, I found this little slice of fried gold. Apparently Games-Workshop DID in fact make a miniature of a Rogue Trader. It was on page 66 of issue 188. Pretty cool, I found someone who is going to sell me one, so I am one happy camper. I scanned the page from my magazine and have included it below.
That's funny. About the same time I got the "Sub-Zero" assassin and Rogue Inquisitor from the same blister, a buddy of mine picked up the other two models in your picture from a different blister at the same local gaming store (Bryan's Legacy in Wichita Falls, Texas, if anybody else can remember back that far).

The irony is I always considered him the Inquisitor and my model to be the Rogue Trader!
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I went through my Rogue Trader figs, and it appears that my copy of that Rogue Trader/Inquisitor with Cloak was stolen! (Though I appear to have two extra spare cloaks!)

But I snapped him up on eBay.

Strangely, again, I've always thought of that capped fellow as another Sensei model.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

there's only one sensei model made.... the fat guy with chainsword and bolter

The whole adventurers line changed names and references so once or twice during Rogue Trader edition. some of them are also pre-rulebook. when RoC books came, they served as already available models for some of the characters depicted in the book (sensei is a good exemple). Others got re-injected into Confrontation to increase the list of models available. it's a bit blurry around 1990-1991 and then again with the release of 2nd ed.

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
con-fusion ( 190 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by con-fusion »

He's not fat, he's big boned. Love that Sensei model.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

He's not even big-boned:
538896_md-Rogue Trader, Sensei, Star Child.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

the belly plate is hiding something, like excess of smoke meats...;)
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
werelizard ( 108 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by werelizard »

They made a Rogue trader with power sword and bolt pistol, in the adventurers series. It came out around 1987. If you happen to have the 1986 catalog laying about, he is on page 37, mold number 072117/31. I have one around somewhere, if I can lay my hands on it I will send you a PM.

-Mike

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”