Limited Edition Lictor...how limited?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Limited Edition Lictor...how limited?

Post by TheRhino »

Hey all.
I've been chasing a Limited Edition lector model since I started working on a Nid army. Dunno why, but I want one. (They're just slippery, is all. Hard to catch those damned lictors!)
I've been trolling eBay a lot, and have noticed several auctions advertised as basic Lictors that have only one of the limited edition talons. From what I've gathered, the bog thing about the limited edition Lictor model was that it had fully collapsed talons in place of the extended or partially extended talons. There is also talk of a "different head" but no one seems to be able to explain what exactly is different.

I'm curious if these auctions I'm seeing are mismatched LE Lictors with one limited talon and one normal, or just a standard lector with a semi-rare part thrown in the mix. GW packers used to do the same thing with the old metal Marine Veterans (pre-MkI box) blisters. You'd get a random assignment of arms int he blister, and one of those arms was the stormbolter with drum that is actually part of the army box "Crested Helmet" Veteran.

Is it possible that what I'm seeing is a pick and pack side effect, and not mixed up Limited Lictors?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Limited Edition Lictor...how limited?

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

and I know there was 1 even early than 2005..back from the 90's. I had it. it's flesh hooks looked like hooks.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

kturock wrote:and I know there was 1 even early than 2005..back from the 90's. I had it. it's flesh hooks looked like hooks.
http://www.solegends.com/citcat2000/c2000p059-01.htm
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

yup..that's it.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

I'm familiar with the evolution of the Lictor model (not sure why my PC kept auto-correcting "lictor" to "lector" in my last post), but I'm trying to figure out the reason I'm seeing current edition Lictors with one limited ed talon, and one non-limited talon.
Thanks for the info though, guys.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I am not sure then by what you mean re "different head".

There are only two possible cases to encompass your circumstance:

1. Accidental (or deliberate) mis-matching of parts. This might include re-casting.
2. Blister mispacks. This includes the phenomenon of the Veteran Bolter you discussed.

If you look at the links provided, you will see that the Limited Lictor is very distinct and different from the regular model, and so it is not simply the scything talons that are the "big thing".

I've never personally seen a mis-matched Lictor (but I'm not looking for one either). Do you have links?

I would doubt very much that there were a significant number of Blister mispacks, though it has been known to happen now and then.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I can't comment about the mis-matches for the Lictor, but can about the Harlie jetbikes had the smooth, non-smilie canopies in the blisters. I had 1.

TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:I am not sure then by what you mean re "different head".

There are only two possible cases to encompass your circumstance:

1. Accidental (or deliberate) mis-matching of parts. This might include re-casting.
2. Blister mispacks. This includes the phenomenon of the Veteran Bolter you discussed.

If you look at the links provided, you will see that the Limited Lictor is very distinct and different from the regular model, and so it is not simply the scything talons that are the "big thing".

I've never personally seen a mis-matched Lictor (but I'm not looking for one either). Do you have links?

I would doubt very much that there were a significant number of Blister mispacks, though it has been known to happen now and then.
I was/am confused, because the link to the "released" Lictor you mention is the Third Edition model, not the most recent generation. (http://www.solegends.com/citcat2004/P0363-00.htm)
The current generation is found on the GW site, and looks the same as the Limited version, minus the talons:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1160116a

This is an auction for a complete Limited Lictor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161053181965?ss ... 1438.l2649

And another for a "mismatch":
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171071814681?ss ... 1438.l2649

The "mismatch" has one of the talons from the LE model, and one that is not. I'm mostly trying to figure out if there was any difference in these two beyond talons. I'd read elsewhere that the LE version has a different head, but no explanation of how the head differed, or if that was simply a fabrication or misinformation.

Sorry I'm having trouble explaining what I'm after!
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Right, of course I forgot to include the new Lictor.

To my knowledge (which is obviously spotty on Nids), the Deathleaper (what it was called then, iirc) was the same chassis as the released Lictor, but with Different scything talons.

My suspicion re the auction is the the poster lost one of the talons and subbed in a stock one.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:Right, of course I forgot to include the new Lictor.

To my knowledge (which is obviously spotty on Nids), the Deathleaper (what it was called then, iirc) was the same chassis as the released Lictor, but with Different scything talons.

My suspicion re the auction is the the poster lost one of the talons and subbed in a stock one.
That's going to have to be my guess as well. Now it boils down to whether I want to buy that, and hope I find another matching talons someday, or just write it off as "not special enough to spend Limited Edition money on."
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

[quote="TheRhino]Now it boils down to whether I want to buy that, and hope I find another matching talons someday, or just write it off as "not special enough to spend Limited Edition money on."[/quote]

My answer to that is always, "If it's a good deal".

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
YoungWolf777 ( 1150 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

As it stands now, that model is darn near "unique" with one of each talon. Just a thought.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

YoungWolf777 wrote:As it stands now, that model is darn near "unique" with one of each talon. Just a thought.

and if it's 'too unique' you might not ever be able to sell it.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”