Part Numbers for Historic Space Marine Armour?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Part Numbers for Historic Space Marine Armour?

Post by psiekier »

I've been back and forth over Stuff of Legends... hell, I have the blue, red, green, and black catalogues as well as the 1994 follow-up. I've been looking through them, and I can't find part numbers for several of the historic Space Marine armours!

GW now sells a Finecast set ("Armour Through the Ages") with one each of Mk I through Mk V. These are recasts of some of the earlier models: the Mk I Thunder Suit with bolter that was cast as a single piece (070270/9), plus the Mk III Iron Armour with bolt pistol and chainsword that was likewise; the Mk II, Mk IV, and Mk V armours are all patterned after the armless versions that took plastic arms and shoulder pauldrons.

I remember when the "new" sculpts came out. With the exception of the Mk I (which were all sclupted as a single piece), every variant had two single-piece castings and one body that took separate arms. The "separate arms" models appear at various places in the catalogues throughout the 90's, and the older versions of the single-piece castings are on page 7 of the Blue Catalogue from 1991, but I have yet to find the "new" models listed anywhere.

[ click for what I have labeled so far ]

Anybody by chance know those remaining part numbers? They seem like they should be in my catalogues or on SoL somewhere, but I just can't seem to locate them. They must have had numbers, though, as the pair of Mk I's in my collection I ordered as bitz (they're only historic armours I have cast in white metal) from GW back when they allowed that sort of thing.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: Part Numbers for Historic Space Marine Armour?

Post by jul »

Hi,

so here's what i have

mk1 with halberd :70270/13
mk3 plasma pistol/chainsword: 70270/16

from the SM collector guide.

If i recall properly the old codes are available for those models in the 2004/2005 complete catalogue.
i still have the retail price listing for from 1989-1994, i'll check if they are in there.

J.
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

jul wrote:Hi,

so here's what i have

mk1 with halberd :70270/13
mk3 plasma pistol/chainsword: 70270/16

from the SM collector guide.

If i recall properly the old codes are available for those models in the 2004/2005 complete catalogue.
i still have the retail price listing for from 1989-1994, i'll check if they are in there.

J.
Thanks, Jul, you're right! Several of the missing models are pictured on page 308 of the 2004-05 US catalogue, including the Mk II Crusade Armour with the bolt pistol and chainsword. All I lack now are the codes for the Mk IV with the Phobos-pattern bolt gun and the Mk V with the bolter and combat knife.

So, here's a link to my revised model map.
Last edited by psiekier on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

Arg! Sooo close!

White Dwarf issue 166US (October 1993 - the issue with the battle report between Jervis Johnson's Orks and Andy Chambers's Blood Angels that left Brother-Captain Tycho scarred for life!) has catalogue pages in the back showing the missing Mk IV and Mk V, as well as a few of the really hard-to-find "transition" models of the Mk VI that came out between First Edition and Second Edition.

There are no part numbers, though, just some kind of four-digit product number that would have been on the blister of 2-3 models each.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”