Tau Empire Delays

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Tau Empire Delays

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:I wonder how much the orders placed via the GW site spiked during the period of time that they had their quantities understated?

Eric
For the EU at least, you couldn't place orders or they would be delayed 2 weeks. Not sure that would cause a spike.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Not on the web, at least.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:Not on the web, at least.

Eric
Well, you asked whether it spiked orders to the web site. :) Considering this whole 'thingy' started with the EU web announcement, I'd say no.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm still suspicious about their retail locations.

"Everyone's going to be short changed! if you want a better chance, go into your local GW store!"

Three minutes before release:
"Oh. Hmm. Lookit this. Found some. Looks like we won't be short, after all."

Yes, I'm not quoting it exactly. It's just how my cynical (towards GW) mind interprets the happenings of the last week or so.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote: It's just how my cynical (towards GW) mind interprets the happenings of the last week or so.
It's okay. I just like arguing. :)

From the dakka thread and some local stuff, I have heard of GW stores being short-stocked, FLGS being short-stocked, GW Stores getting everything, FLGS getting everything and pretty much everything in between. Sounds like a royal f'up but not a conspiracy.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:
MagickalMemories wrote: It's just how my cynical (towards GW) mind interprets the happenings of the last week or so.
It's okay. I just like arguing. :)

From the dakka thread and some local stuff, I have heard of GW stores being short-stocked, FLGS being short-stocked, GW Stores getting everything, FLGS getting everything and pretty much everything in between. Sounds like a royal f'up but not a conspiracy.
Having 'followed' GW for almost 30 years, I can easily say I belive both explanations.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Doctari ( 506 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

I dropped in on my local GW b&m yesterday just to check. They had at least 6 of each model (including the "impossible to find" riptides). The store manager told me that he had "heard" that the other local stores (non-gw ones) were without those models.

And I'm in po-dunk lexington.

Take it for what it's worth.
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

i got mitigated reports about that and my guess is that is more of a good general screw-up. so yes GW did underestimated the requests for Tau Models, and the other hand, most of the delays are within 2 days and 2 week (reallocation time).

one of my local store still had a riptide on sunday afternoon. my guess is that stores that ordered few models got them, the other ones were put on waiting list...

it is not the first time GW got difficulties in supply, won't probably the last...

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
Notsure3k ( 378 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Notsure3k »

It really came down to when you placed your order and how the shipping process at GW works.

I placed my order my early monday when everything was still in stock by the numbers. Later that afternoon is when they went out of everything. Restocks are now going to stores that got zero tau last week and will fill in from there. Expect to see stores that order from GW to get more stuff next week.
I have too much stuff, please help me get rid of it!

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”