Tau Empire Delays

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Notsure3k ( 378 )
Journeyman Trader

Tau Empire Delays

Post by Notsure3k »

Just got off the Phone with my Trade Rep and you can see the news from over in Europe, GW is either not shipping any Model kits or VERY limited amount to independent retailers. No time table is given, but you can see retail giants like Wayland Games is even getting held back two weeks.

Kick in the nuts.

Codexes should be going out, but I think only people who preordered from GW retail store or their web site are getting models.
I have too much stuff, please help me get rid of it!
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Tau Empire Delays

Post by pretre »

It isn't just for independents.
For European customers:

Due to exceptional demand for Tau Empire miniatures, any orders that contain the following products will not be fulfilled until Monday 8th April at the earliest:

Tau Empire One-Click Launch Collection
Tau Battlesuit Collection
Farsight Enclave
Tau Recon Team
Shadowsun Firestrike Hunter Cadre
XV104 Riptide Battlesuit
XV88 Broadside Battlesuit
Cadre Fireblade
Commander Farsight
XV8 Battlesuit Commander
Darkstrider
Longstrike

Note that if your order contains other products, they will be delayed until these Tau Empire miniatures are back in stock and your items can be sent together. Orders that were placed before 4pm on Tuesday 2nd April are not affected.

For those of you who urgently desire to join the cause for the Greater Good, head to your local Hobby Centre this Saturday - they will have limited numbers of these Tau Empire miniatures in stock.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Seems to be a fabricated shortage to me.
Then again, I've lost all faith and trust in the company.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:Seems to be a fabricated shortage to me.

Eric
Why would they short themselves? If they were going to have an 'unplanned shortage' it would only hurt the FLGS and they would magically have enough.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MEDEVL ( 362 )
Expert Trader

Post by MEDEVL »

I agree with MM, this company would do avbsolutely ANYTHING to sell models. If that includes lying to the public, operating in an unethical manner with your supply of product or even simulating a shortage of inventory to stimulate sales then I don't think they'd bat an eye. I'll be interested to hear which, if any, stores are affected by this.
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

Eric
I thought this at first too. Them using this as a means to inflate sales within their own (whats left of them that is) brick and mortars.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Eric

WTF? You had faith in them?
Dude, I thought you weren't that naive.

Let me guess, they held up a chicken and you belived them, right? ;-)
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
TheOgreTyrant ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheOgreTyrant »

kturock wrote:

Eric

WTF? You had faith in them?
Dude, I thought you weren't that naive.

Let me guess, they held up a chicken and you belived them, right? ;-)
So they held up Tzeentch in a lion-king-kind-of-scene? Someone get to modelling that scene! Now! :-D
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I had faith in them YEARS ago.

As for how it would benefit them? I bet their own B&M stores and their own mail orders will work just fine... it's just EVERY OTHER SELLER of their items that will suffer from the "shortages."

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
fitterpete ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by fitterpete »

No doubt in my mind its made up.Heres another thought
Let people preorder from their favorite online retailer(read discounter)then hold up the shipment because of "shortages".Nobody gets their preorders till weeks after the release so next time you order only from good ole GW themselves.Makes the retailers look bad(not to me) and lets face it they really want to kill online retail.
Ill keep buying their stuff but if there are no discounters I won't.I ain't paying their insane full prices.I've done it before,went 8 years without buying anything but bases and movement trays.
Pete
Never send me anything UPS or that I have to sign for I can't afford to take off work to receive it.Always send with Delivery Conformation,I will do the same.
If you are not in the United States tell me NOW,please.
Make a offer? It's your stuff you should know what you want for it.Seriously you want me to price your stuff for you?

edited my sig per Btown rules.Is this better Miss?

See D!ck
See D!ck run
See D!ck trade on Bartertown
See D!ck not leave a reference
Don't be a D!ck
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:I had faith in them YEARS ago.

As for how it would benefit them? I bet their own B&M stores and their own mail orders will work just fine... it's just EVERY OTHER SELLER of their items that will suffer from the "shortages."

Eric
Except their website shortage and delay is what started all this.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

ALLEGED, pretre. ALLEGED.
If I had the spare cash, I'd wager that people who ordered from GW or went into a GW store had an overwhelmingly better experience than those who went into their FLGS or ordered from the dreaded Internet Discounter.

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:ALLEGED, pretre. ALLEGED.
If I had the spare cash, I'd wager that people who ordered from GW or went into a GW store had an overwhelmingly better experience than those who went into their FLGS or ordered from the dreaded Internet Discounter.

Eric
Well, at this point it looks like it has all been an internet overreaction. Most retailers are now saying they are getting what they ordered and there isn't a shortage. Surprise, surprise. :)
Notsure3k ( 378 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Notsure3k »

I can confirm that after told I would get nothing but the Codex. I was actually shipped almost all of my order. Fire Warriors and Hammerheads/Skyrays were the ones that hit hard around the US. Figures the things that dont change, but get book work are in short supply. I was not shipped any finecast, but my Rep did not have any to allocate when he first called so that was to be expected.

What a strange week.
I have too much stuff, please help me get rid of it!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I wonder how much the orders placed via the GW site spiked during the period of time that they had their quantities understated?

Eric

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”