A question about point values for DV forces...

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

A question about point values for DV forces...

Post by Adunaphel »

Hello Bartertown,

So, I was looking at the Dark Vengeance forces and I noticed that there are no point values for the units in the boxed set (or at least I didn't see any).
Does anybody know what the point values are for the two armies in DV?
My group is doing a tournament with small point values to encourage us to get started, but I can't really use the Chaos out of the box without point values.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Karl
My Bartertown References.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Re: A question about point values for DV forces...

Post by don_mondo »

Well,the DA side would be from their current codex. The CSM side will have to wait until their new codex comes out.
Don "MONDO"
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

IIRC, dakka had the cost of the hellbrute, and for the cultists, I'd probably get permission to use the FW rules for them until the codex comes out. (And I might use the CSM dread for the hellbrute for the time being, since the cited cost might not be correct)
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

WOW i cant believe GW released models with no rules/ points value. I didnt buy the Dark Vengence set. And now im glad i

didnt. GW dropped the ball again. I mean they released the space marine and ork flyers and placed the rules in a limited

release of white dwarf. Yes Limited, because GW still had the white dwarf for the flyers still posted on the site and were

completely out of stock!!! Now we have a release of models with no rules!!! Is this some kind of marketing ploy to make

sure people buy the New CHaos Codex. Just in case it sux like the last one. Now im realy worried. Im thinking ebay

and bartertown will see a massive amount of chaos and the rest of peoples GW collections for sale or trade in the very near

future. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

That's not what happened at all.
GW released a boxed set and, in that boxed set, there were models. Also in the boxed set are scenarios that allow you to pit elements of one force against elements of the other in a way GW sees as balanced. They also tell you how the models work. FOR NOW, that's all those models are intended for. It's just a starter set. It's not intended -on it's own- to allow you to do anything but play limited scenarios.
When you see the new Chaos Space Marines codex, you'll see points (and maybe even expanded rules) for the models in the boxed set.

Also... GW is and has always been a miniatures company. The games were created to push the models, not the other way around. So, even if they ever did release a model without rules, there should be no surprise by that.

Of course, I agree whole-heartedly that the way they're starting to release rules for models is crappy. If I'm paying for a no-codex model from GW that will be allowable in regular games, I should not also have to pay for it's rules.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

the starter box isnt meant for us 'seasoned' players aside from the pocket rule book. its meant for little grots, grotets and their friends. they wine to get the parents to buy the shinny box and they can get into a game after building the models with 2 'balanced' armies. i checked my AoBR book and although GW listed total points costs there they didnt break it down to base model and weapon upgrades like we would for a game. that box set had 450 total point orks going against 585 point marines. if i remember correctly ( and the pictures prove it ) only the orks had a new book out or just about to come out.

give it time and the chaos codex will be out and we will have our points.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”