eldars in 6Ed.

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

eldars in 6Ed.

Post by kturock »

are the wriathgauard & wriathlord units a viable force in 6e?

I've seen a force consisting of:
Army Composition:

HQ:
Eldar Avatar
Elites:
Wraithguard Unit (5) + Warlock

Troops:
Dire Avengers (10) + Exarch
Pathfinders (5)

Fast Attack:
Vyper Jetbike
Vyper Jetbike

Heavy Support:
War Walker Squadron (3)
Wraithlord
Wraithlord

Transport:
Forgeworld Wave Serpent
Forgeworld Wave Serpent

It's supposedly an tournament winning force, but what was good or grath in earlier editions aren't always now.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Re: eldars in 6Ed.

Post by eman1_2 »

Haven't seen the Eldar in action yet, but only 2 troop choices and both of them pretty weak, means you will have a bad of it for objectives. You can hope for scenarios where elite, fast, or heavy count as scoring, but that isn't always going to happen.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I see that.. a friend pointed out that it looks like it was a 4th ed. list.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

I'm not really sure where you're going with that army. I can't find a clear direction-- care to elaborate what you're thinking? (also, you didn't list a point value, and you're missing any wargear, which makes it way harder to comment on)

General comments, though (other than what eman pointed out)--

-A farseer seems like a powerful and characterful choice
-That's far more low armor values than I'd feel safe about, especially in this edition.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

I could see that being effective in 4th edition. Likely where it came from.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I've seen this list for sale at fee...It's well painted and is listed as a tournament winner.

Since the original is well out of my price range, I was just curious how good of an army it'd be now?
I'm slowly starting up an eldar army. I haven't had 1 since 2nd ed. SM got vehicles, especially LR and eldar had nada but fragile walkers back then. heck, nids had screamer killers [carnifexes], sm had dreads..eldar walkers. even the models were fragile. armourcast was the only ones making 'tanks' for eldar.

I'll be trading/selling off some of my csm as soon as I figure out what i'm keeping and what list will be good. Which will probably be after the new codex is released. [i have over 16k of csm right now.. 49 or so termies, 40 csm, 20 1000 sons, almost 40 plague guard, 40+ emperor's children, 50 or so khorne zerkers, 3 vindis, 2 defilers, 2 dreads, 9 oblits, 2 lr's, 2 preds, 4 rhinos, 3 dp's, almost every named character, [missing huron & typrhus] and almost every hq, 2 spawn, 1 csm modded super heavy, 10 or so bikes, about a dozen raptors, a squad taht can work as possessed or chosen, i think 5 of each havoc and about double that w/ heavy bolters, a gd of nurgle, a8 bloodthirsters. approx.]

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

In 4th edition that was a good army. The high toughness of the Wraithguard made them hard to kill.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

combined with Deldar it still is. undead/non-dead army.. especially de & Eldar are BB now.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”