Chaos drop pods

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Chaos drop pods

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:since they all use coffee cans or large soda cups & such for dp, wtf, so can I.
Aw, crap.
So, they're beating you with half *ssed proxies?
That's the worst of it.

I'll check out those lists tonight when I get home, buddy.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

there is 1-2 real dp's among the group. the nid player has 3 actauly nids dp's, more than any sm player.
at the flgs, barely anything is painted or olny half-dast painted.
at the paint shop, everything is supposed to painted or at least primed.. that's where the coffe or paint cans are used...they were even joking about putting nails in/thru the can to make ork guns.

i just got a dp in trade.. it will be modified if/when they are allowed for csm.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I just shot you a list via email. LMK what you think!

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Post by mardaddy601 »

Yea, funny how SM's are genetic supermen, take that a step further and individually CSM's have that plus (fluff-wise) been around a lot longer than individual SM's, stuck in & out of the warp and all that, with more time, more battles, more experience and honing of skills, yet they really cannot compete with the last two incarnations of the ruleset unless their enemy makes consistent errors or cursed with consistently bad dice rolls.
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

and the csm can't even do what they did as untainted csm. even the partailly tainted sm, ie da or ba, are better than csm.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

mardaddy601 wrote:Yea, funny how SM's are genetic supermen, take that a step further and individually CSM's have that plus (fluff-wise) been around a lot longer than individual SM's, stuck in & out of the warp and all that, with more time, more battles, more experience and honing of skills, yet they really cannot compete with the last two incarnations of the ruleset unless their enemy makes consistent errors or cursed with consistently bad dice rolls.
In my experience, CSM did fine with the 5e rule set. Where they started trailing off was in comparison to the codices that came out. It wasn't an issue of the rules, it was an issue of the codex.
Their previous codex was over-the-top strong (for the time), so they got nerfed hard. Then, all the other codices started bringing other armies more in line with the previous codex, which caused them to get hurt.
Lastly, the final nail in the coffin, was when GW nerfed Warptime and lash of Submission. I can ALMOST understand the change made to lash, but the Warptime change was ridiculously stupid.

It makes me wonder how a 4e codex army would fare against a current codex army of another force under the 5e ruleset.

As for the CSM being older than SM... that isn't always true. There are renegade SM's all over the place that turned more recently than the Horus Heresy.

Eric

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

ted777ccg wrote:It'd just be nice to see some variation. I mean CSM fluctuate from something like the Word Bearers or Death Guard, who are long far gone from the legions they were 10000 years ago, but something like the Night Lords are functioning normal marines. Using drop pods, and what not.
Night Lords, at least some of the time, still use original titles (i.e. sergeant instead of champion) and make use of drop pods and newer stuff, like stolen SM transports, so it would be easy to count them as regular Marines. Similarly, I recently found out that Huron originally allowed (and, in the case of termies, required) you to take regular marine pieces, so, again, pretty legit.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

spiralingcadaver wrote:
ted777ccg wrote:It'd just be nice to see some variation. I mean CSM fluctuate from something like the Word Bearers or Death Guard, who are long far gone from the legions they were 10000 years ago, but something like the Night Lords are functioning normal marines. Using drop pods, and what not.
Night Lords, at least some of the time, still use original titles (i.e. sergeant instead of champion) and make use of drop pods and newer stuff, like stolen SM transports, so it would be easy to count them as regular Marines. Similarly, I recently found out that Huron originally allowed (and, in the case of termies, required) you to take regular marine pieces, so, again, pretty legit.
umm where is that stated? about huron and DP?

if it's not codex, it's not allowed.. FW stuff is kinda frowned upon. the bits are ok, but the armour books and such are...hmm.. well not usually used.. not sure if they are even 'allowed'.

then again they hve no problem with proxies.

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Sorry, was unclear there-- the original C:CSM (tacky bright era, with abbadon on the cover) had huron (who disappeared for a few codexes and eventually came back with a mini), who opened the option to take Marine units (as stated above). No rules for that any more, just stating that there's plenty of precedent/argument for being able to run CSM as SM
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I find it funny that they'll throw down a soda cup as a Drop Pod, but don't want you using Forgeworld.
Are there any other groups local you could game with? These guys sound... less than fun.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

there are 2 groups..both use proxies. i tried you list last nite vs nids.. only got to t2 and it was a draw, no objectives, we rolled purge the alien.
the 1 at the flgs uses forge world.. dunno about the other, never had the models.. but now that I got a sm dp made as a csm dp... i'll try to find the rules for it.

i'll lyk how it works wendesday vs space puppies.. also got some questions about the choices.. i'll send you an email.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Bad news.
Rumors on the new Chaos Dex say there are still no drop pods.
Dreadclaws apparently count as flyers now, somehow. Not sure on the details, but there should be errata for them on or coming to the FW site.

Curious how you had a draw on T2.
Nids would be, I think, a decent opponent for that list, all things considered, unless he was playing swarm army. You had a lot of lascannons and other heavies (via Oblits), so should have been able to take out most monstrous creatures, if you focused fire on them.

I look forward to reading the email.

Eric

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

MagickalMemories wrote:Dreadclaws apparently count as flyers now, somehow.
'cause they're more like flying rhinos than drop pods: they can lift off again, and are designed to be able to fly/reposition short distances and/or reconnect with the mother ship/big scary chaos space transport.
-Nietzsche

mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Post by mardaddy601 »

I find it funny that they'll throw down a soda cup as a Drop Pod, but don't want you using Forgeworld.

Sounds like the members of the 2 groups are hard up for cash (who isn't these days) and a maybe little jealous of the rare player that can afford a thing or two from FW, so it gets expressed by disallowing or frowning on - as if they feel the guy with the FW is, "lording it over them."
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

I guess the test would be, would they allow you throwing down your own soda can as a FW(!) piece :p
-Nietzsche

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”