Non GW player trying to ID some old space marines

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

quickdrawgc ( 72 )
Journeyman Trader

Non GW player trying to ID some old space marines

Post by quickdrawgc »

I stumbled upon 14 sprues of what I was told were "old style" space marines. The picture shows the various sprues. Looks like most of them have 2 guys worth of stuff, and then there are a few with special weapons & bits. I'm not a GW player but i'm trying to figure out what I've got so maybe I can find it a nice home with someone who knows one end of a space marine from the other.

Can anyone help me out? Anyone know what these are?

Thanks

warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Non GW player trying to ID some old space marines

Post by warlordgarou »

Those are the old MK VI space marines, circa 1990-91. (You can find them on Stuff of Legends - http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c201 ... ines-h.htm).

I'm sure you could find at least a few people here who would be willing to give them a good home.
quickdrawgc ( 72 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by quickdrawgc »

So are they worth less than current space marines? More? Are they rare?

Thanks for the response!
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

They're not particularly valuable, but you should be able to get a decent offer, since they're in good condition.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Those are, as noted above, GW's original plastic Space Marines, from the RTB01 box.

They are somewhat collectible, though since there were 30(!) in the box when they were first sold, there are a ton around.

You have examples of all three types of sprues, the 2 man bolter trooper sprue, the 2 man pistol trooper sprue, and the heavy/special weapon sprue, but you're short a trooper sprue from making a complete tac squad.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

They are are also nicknamed 'beakies' because of the front of the helmets faceplate.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

quickdrawgc wrote:So are they worth less than current space marines? More? Are they rare?

Thanks for the response!
They can be worth MORE than the current space marines if you are lucky enough to find a player attempting to collect those specific models.

I THINK you can trade them straight for new-ish Space Marines, but not AOBR marines.

I recently saw an ebay auction for a box of them that hit 170 buck range.. but that was a complete box, with all models still on sprue.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
con-fusion ( 190 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by con-fusion »

I saw that one as well. Unbelievable.

You might get a premium on yours because the sprues are complete.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

porkuslime wrote:
quickdrawgc wrote:So are they worth less than current space marines? More? Are they rare?

Thanks for the response!
They can be worth MORE than the current space marines if you are lucky enough to find a player attempting to collect those specific models.

I THINK you can trade them straight for new-ish Space Marines, but not AOBR marines.

I recently saw an ebay auction for a box of them that hit 170 buck range.. but that was a complete box, with all models still on sprue.
If I were working on my marines at the moment, I would be tempted to at least swap them for current-model marines.

But then again, I get a perverse kick out of dropping my old RT-era stuff on the table, and having at least a couple of people (including GW store employees) tell me that I can't use "those knock-offs, because [you] can only use real, authentic, GW models here!" :lol:
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

porkuslime wrote: I recently saw an ebay auction for a box of them that hit 170 buck range.. but that was a complete box, with all models still on sprue.
One of the key features of those auctions is that they are complete in box--the box itself is a rare and collectible item.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
tacticalguy24 ( 56 )
BTown Regular

Post by tacticalguy24 »

Dakkar89 was someone that wanted the beakie helms, he might be interested in them
Unofficial btown rules apply.

Feedback owed: xSoulgrinderx
Feedback I owe:

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”