C'tan base size?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

C'tan base size?

Post by Imaginos »

Ok, my Nightbringer is on a 40mm base. I opened my Deceiver tonight and he came with a 60mm base. What gives? Which one is correct?
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: C'tan base size?

Post by porkuslime »

The sarcastic comment that leaps to mind.. Both. The rules DO say that models should be played on the bases they came with.

SO..

However, the new Necron Codex has the C'tan as Shards, which is really mutable. I have seen people use models on 25mm and up to Valk bases as their Shards..

My gut, however, says that these megapowerful godly bits should go on 60mm bases.. because you really give your oppoenents an advantage that way... and that is good sportsmanship.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1380047a
This box contains one C'tan Shard of The Nightbringer - a finely detailed resin cast kit that comes as six components, and is supplied with a 40mm Round Base
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1380048a
This box contains one C'tan Shard of The Deceiver - a finely detailed resin cast kit that comes as nine components, and is supplied with a 40mm Round Base.
Looks like you got a mispack.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

porkuslime wrote:My gut, however, says that these megapowerful godly bits should go on 60mm bases.. because you really give your oppoenents an advantage that way... and that is good sportsmanship.
I haven't used them yet, so how powerful are these guys really? Looking at lists folks post, most I've seen don't use them.
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

I've used them a bit, they can be fun on the table but I'd put them on 40mm, they are already tall enough to almost always be shot, and they are way over costed if you ask me, letting your opponent gang even more guys onto him is a big mistake. Dropping to T7 makes them alot more fragile and they don't have all the fun toys they had in the last codex.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I pretty much agree with Bulkoth. There are a few "WOW" powers, but many (most?) are pretty "Meh," as the kids say. LOL
They are a good support option when their powers coincide with the build of your army (my favorite build utilizes one), but I don't think you'll ever need 2 in a regular game.
Do you have the new codex yet?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Yep. I ended up with 2 of them (the guy I filed the BTR on tossed one in as a freebie).
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I doubt you'll ever use 2, outside of POSSIBLY an Apoc game.
Another possibility is to convert them. Look @ the powers and, if you can find a couple different combinations you think you might like, then convert one to represent each combination of powers.

Eric

Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

My bad, I was referring to 2 of the codex. Though I ended up with 2 of the C'tan as well (both of the ones released). I'm really leaning toward taking the scythe off the Nightbringer and painting it up like the Spectre from DC Comics.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

And I should mention, I only used the "megapowerful godly bits" in a tongue in cheek, sarcastic mode. No one I know here locally fields em.. general consensus is.. Nifty, but other options are better.

Apoc, of course... run a dozen..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”