NOISE MARINES

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Foo ( 2 )
New Trader

NOISE MARINES

Post by Mr Foo »

Was just wondering to date, how many noise marine miniature have been released? I would like to have a splinter troop of 6 unique Noise Marines who play the Song of Entrophy that they managed to find before Vulkan. Was also wondering if any of the older Noise Marine weaponry were removable ( I.e. Casted in separate pieces instead of being one lump of pewter.) Many thanks to the kind souls who could help me out on this. :)
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: NOISE MARINES

Post by spiralingcadaver »

I may be wrong, but...

2 from rogue trader: 1 w/ just a bolter, available in collector's set through GW; one with a combi-guitar/bolter (probably the precursor to the modern weapons)
2-3 from 2nd edition w/ the heavier weapons
1 from 2nd w/ doom siren + power claw IIRC
1 boxed set from 3.5 (still available, technically 8 marines, but about enough parts to realistically make 1 of each heavier weapon, plus 1 with bp/CCW/power weapon + doom siren (extra bits for 3 arm sets, 3 heads, 1 torso, 1 backpack))
1 lord w/ doom siren from 3.5 (don't know if they still make him)
Lucius from 4th or 5th

The boxed sets' weapons are available through special order w/ GW, IIRC everything but the RT minis have separate weapons if not weapons + arms.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Mr Foo ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Mr Foo »

Wow. So that means if I actually get the money, it'll be possible to have 6 Noise Marines armed with different variations of sonic weaponry. Thanks! ^^
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Yup, though, I really think that the only one that fits with the current style is the RT one with a bolter.

Personally, I'd go with the weapons set from GW direct and do some work to make those look distinct, as the old ones are pretty spikey compared to the newer ones (and frankly not that good, though the combi guitar is a lot of fun)
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Mr Foo ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Mr Foo »

If I ever get around to making the squad, I'll probably try to get my hands on 5 of the Champion's backpack from the current box and then use the lord's Doom Siren backpack for the actual champion. For the heads, I think I'll sculpt something like Steve Whitehead's noise marines. Iron Warrior heads are cool too. Just cut off those unsightly horns and they'll look great as any marine.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”