Necrons...The new AdMech?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Necrons...The new AdMech?

Post by Norseman »

I have been playing Admech for awhile now.

Basically I have been playing a SM Admech, then a SW Admech army then a BA Admech Army and then a GK Admech LOL...Yeah I know...(I get bored easy)

Well that's the way it started out then I built up an actual SM,SW, BA and the GK, Army. Still made my Dreadknights changable to have a termie or a servitor driving them, and the like.

But with the new Necron codex coming out...I'm thinking about the C'tan buried deep on mars and the AdMechs tendency to steal tech and have the BEST of imperial tech.

I think it's a good fit. Would you guys roll your eyes if you seen a counts as Necron Army with AdMech?

I am thinking
Imperial Robots as Warriors (or slave Necrons - Replaced heads)
Arvus Lighters for Ghost Barges
Tech Marines for lords
Tech priests for Crypt techs
Arcoflagellants for Wraiths
Actually have some true Necron units like Annihilation Barges but with Imperial pilots - as salvaged vehicles
Make up some Imperial Walkers and other machines to represent some of the other items.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Necrons...The new AdMech?

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'd think it was awesome, provided all of the models were sufficiently "teched out."
I mean, Necrons are robots, basically. too much flesh, and I'd be disappointed.

Oh... and the weapons would need to be as close as possible to accurate.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I think it sounds cool, but unless the new codex really changed Wraiths, (haven't seen it yet,) they are most definitely larger than an arcoflagellant. AFs would better represent Flayed Ones in my opinion. If you had some old Imp. Jetbikes you could use them as Destroyers. I'd model Servitors as pilots though. Also, one of the new units with the arcing shot weapons could be the Electro Priests.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Cervantes3773 ( 40 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cervantes3773 »

I think there's a lot of potential for your idea with the new codex. The Necrons now have two flyers, a variety of special characters that lend themselves to AdMech representation, the destroyers are considered jump infantry (though still on their flying bases) and they also created a necron jetbike.

I don't know what your local community is like, but as long as the counts-as were consistent (lasgun = gauss flayer, bolters = gauss blasters, etc) I'd love to play against that kind of army. Any confusion I might have in the game would be mitigated by the joy of playing a well-themed force like that.

BTers who owe me a reference:
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

My area is pretty good about counts as. Even in tournaments. However most of my counts as have been pretty easy. A scout marine was a scout marine and weapons were pretty much wiziwig.

This will be a bit of a departure from that though. I proabably will try and actually use the necron weapon bits as much as possible to keep things easy.

I do agree with the Acroflagellants Flayed ones. Maybe some kind of imperial construct as wraiths. It would have to be on a large base which opens up a lot of interesting options.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Crusader type Imperial Robots might make better wraiths, given their focus on close combat, and I think they may have had a force shield, but I could be wrong on that.

I would be tempted to work the 'cron Warriors up as Skitarii Praetorians--bigger and badder than the regular Tech Guard.

For the vehicles, you could work up some crazy AdMech inventions, rather than the Arvus etc.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:I would be tempted to work the 'cron Warriors up as Skitarii Praetorians--bigger and badder than the regular Tech Guard.
What about Immortals for that?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

MagickalMemories wrote:What about Immortals for that?
That's a good fit too, leaving the regular Skitarii available for the Warriors. It's hard to know just how tough a Skitarii is, and 'cron Warriors certainly seem way tougher than augmented humans.

For me, the problem with humanoid robot troopers is the strong imperial prohibition on humanoid robots OH WAIT!! You could go with a ton of servitors for Warriors, costing a fortune!!
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Plans sofar

40 Necron Warriors with different heads (thinking this head)
http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd1 ... -p-56.html
1 Monolith - Converted to be Looted and built upon with imperial tech. Thinking about big locks on the doors.
20 ArcoFlagallents - Counts as Flayed Ones
20 Techmarines /w huge guns & Maxmini Pre Heresy Jump Packs on (termi) base - Counts as Destroyers
1 Annihilation Barge /w Servitor Pilots
1 Catacomb Command Barge /w Servitor Pilots and a Techmarine(Lord)
1 FW Vulture as fighter nercon flyer
1 FW Arvus Lighter as Ghost Ark
1 C'Tan Shard - Deceiver - Maybe some technology mounted on his back. Like a melta bomb.
5 Full Servo Harness Tech Marines - Necron lords
4 Tech Priests - Cryptechs
1 Ad Mech Squat - Nercon overlord

Still Thinking...
Really like the idea of Skitarii and Skitarii Praetorians...
Maybe mix in the Skitarii with my slave necron warriors.

Thinking maybe using Vendetta's for the other transport flyer
Haven't figured out what I wanna do for a Doomsday Ark. Maybe the actual model Looted by AdMech
Maybe some penitent engines as the new necron walkers.
Some kind of robot construct on(termi) base as Wraith
Thinking about a Terminator based conversion
Something Sentinel walker based

As for the massed servitors i'm not aposed to spending a fortune LOL I already have about 25 servitors. I used them in my grey knights army as jokero monkeys.

I want this army to be an AdMech force that have looted a Necron Tomb World and has brought it under control and is starting to use its technology.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

The Imperial prohibition doesn't seem to be on robots in general, but those with AI. Robots w/o free will slaved to a techpriest would be OK I think.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

20 Techmarines /w huge guns & Maxmini Pre Heresy Jump Packs on (termi) base - Counts as Destroyers
This is probably the only thing that would give me pause.
In FRIENDLY games, I'd be totally fine with it but (and this is just how we are in my group) any victories or good stuff that happens for you would be blamed on your "cheater bases" and you would be the focal point for a barrage of (friendly) derisive comments.

In a tournament, I would be bothered that you weren't using bases that are representative of the same size bases that the Destroyers use. The first sign that it looked like the bases were being used to your advantage, somehow, and I'd speak with a judge or the TO.

Hmm... I take that back... in a tourney game, YOU would be treated the same as in FRIENDLY games above. Someone I don't know, however, would receive the latter result.

Eric

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I guess the bases would be smaller...Hmm....
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yeah. Your 40mm bases would be a full 20mm smaller. Of course, the tech marine model would look weird on a 60mm base.

What about Chapterhouse (or any other after market model maker, really) resin jetbikes? You could model the riders onto the bikes & attach the big gun.
...expensive, of course, however...

Eric

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Servitors on Destroyer bodies?

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Thought about that. The only issue is that it will LOOK like servitors on Destroyer bodies. I don't think he wants anything to actually look like Necrons.

[Edit]
But, what about servitor bodies on Imperial BFG ships?

Eric

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”