Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

casiowiz ( 224 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Post by casiowiz »

I'm mostly irritated that I spent a year hunting Bartertown for Arbites (3 squads) cause they look cool on the table, and now I can't really play them in my preferred army.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

casiowiz wrote:I'm mostly irritated that I spent a year hunting Bartertown for Arbites (3 squads) cause they look cool on the table, and now I can't really play them in my preferred army.
I'll buy them! :mrgreen:
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

casiowiz wrote:I'm mostly irritated that I spent a year hunting Bartertown for Arbites (3 squads) cause they look cool on the table, and now I can't really play them in my preferred army.
Sure you can.
Didn't you read the letter? Just use 'em as Sister proxies.
::shifty::

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Only 3 Squads... :twisted:

After I traded, bought and finally converted 60 Shotgun Arbites. Now i need Bolter Arbites... The ones I didnt trade for. The ones I didnt want.
Oh GW how I hate thee...

At least I can use the shield and power maul ones for Crusaders. I have 2 squads of those.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Just convert some SM scouts for Arbites. Or kitbash up some using the cadian and sm scout sprues.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

I thought the grey knights took over the inquisitor side of the list, couldn't you run them with that?
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

so Im curious,before I go buy one or get one here,,,,from my fellow sisters players

How do pentitent engines usually fair?

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

Norseman wrote:
Only 3 Squads... :twisted:

After I traded, bought and finally converted 60 Shotgun Arbites. Now i need Bolter Arbites... The ones I didnt trade for. The ones I didnt want.
Oh GW how I hate thee...

At least I can use the shield and power maul ones for Crusaders. I have 2 squads of those.
I think I still have the bolter Arbites I traded you for some of those shotgun ones a few years ago :)

I am not a huge fan of the new dex. I liked the arbites / strom troopers build, and not having them kind of sucks. I liked them in the list, and wouldn't consider playing them without those options.

Of course, I would be super happy for an offical Arbites list.......
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
extropymine ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by extropymine »

Gaijin18 wrote:How do pentitent engines usually fair?
I always found them to be magnets for heavy weapons. After all, they're one of the only "big" units in the army, so they attract the eye. Which can work in your favor sometimes, if the engines distract someone for a turn or two and leave other targets unmolested. But after a while, I stopped fielding them.
It's a rule of thumb for trades: check my feedback, I'll check yours. Lower rating ships first.
If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same.
Don't like my offer? Don't get offended-- make me a counter-offer instead!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Gaijin18 wrote:so Im curious,before I go buy one or get one here,,,,from my fellow sisters players

How do pentitent engines usually fair?
Ever heard the term "Up in smoke?"

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

hmmmmmmmmm

so basically they work as either fire magnets or if they survive they kill stuff,correct?

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Gaijin18 wrote:hmmmmmmmmm

so basically they work as either fire magnets or if they survive they kill stuff,correct?
Yes... with the "kill stuff" being rather hit or miss.

Eric

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Yup.

I was toying with a few ideas...

I figure in a foot army they would be a no go, but if you are doing rhino or razor spam, 3 may be a good HS choice accompanied by 2 Exorcists.

I still think that most will be going with 3 Exorcists.

I have like 5 squads of Retributors and I won't be running them regularly except in an all foot list.

I think there is going to be 2 lists that will be viable. The Rhino Spam and the all foot gunline list with 120 troop sisters whatever heavy and special weapons you can squeeze in.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

On the rare occasion that they make it to combat, you'd better be charging a vehicle. On units with PFists, they might kill a couple, only to be downed by the power fist or equivalent.
Against other big guys, like Fexes and D Princes, my money would go on the other MC's over an equal point amount of P Engines (and, yes... I called them P Engines on purpose! lol) every time.

Myself, I'd just go with the 3 Exorcists every time -if I'm taking 3 HS choices- over taking 2 Exorcists & P Engines.

Eric

HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Purely from a fluff PoV I'm disappointed. I know the Sisters were not originally intended to be a Militant Order, but I liked that direction. It made sense to me as the Sisters gave the Ordo Hereticus an MO while giving the Inquisition a way of keeping an eye on the Ecclesiarchy's military power. From a practical PoV it made an army with too few choices a bit more robust. This new minidex simply reminds me of the 2nd edition minidex and that was primarily made so you could take Sister allies in other Imperial armies. I know there are a couple more choices than back then, but I still think the Sisters make out poorly as a stand alone force w/o the Inquisition and conscripted IG.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”