Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Post by Gaijin18 »

My first thoughts after thumbing through it were ,,,why are almost all the special wear gear items gone? no more book of st lucious,no more cloak,,,,,why are twin handflamers 20 points,they used to be 7,,,,

other changes are kinda cool,,,alot of stuff is cheaper now but this begs the question where are the new minis if they have pulled the sisters and seraphim squads from the online store?????

Definitely going to have to do some thinking on my new list.

Also pondering why it says sisters squads can "select any dedicated transport" yet immolators only carry 6 if Im reading that right Im buyin all my squads immolators.
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, it's doled out over 2 magazines. That's $18 just to get the SoB codex? Sorry. I consider a decent, fair price to be $20 to $25 for a normal codex. So, to spend nearly that amount for 2 crappy magazines just to get a half-assed codex isn't going to happen.

Personally, I just think... nevermind. That would be too off topic. LOL
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

well honestly if I wasn't able to get both second hand I would not have bought both white drawfs myself and would have just waited for the free pdf file.

I do rather find it to be half assed though,,,,if you read the battle report after the second half some of the squads are still using half new rules half old,,,if I had not waited so long for an update it would be comical but then again this is GW we are talking about.

Even with that it is nice to have some changes even if some units like celestians have been kinda nerfed but then gw does that with every codex.

I like some of the changes like cheaper heavy weapons,giving units wear gear automatically and what not but still wear are the minis if they aren't doing new kits fine funk it but at least leave the old squads available,

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Well i am pissed off...

The only good stuff is in FA and HS, and leaves you wishing you had more slots. Having battle sister's as your ONLY Troop choice is a little maddening. Cannoness is missing about 10 wargear selections including the notable missing JUMPPACK(WTF).

The codex is a little lack luster but it is playable. I made up a nice 2500 that will be somewhat competitive, but will really struggle against top tier armies.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

There are a few cool things though too

I am tryin to decide if I should take the saint or take a second command squad and use it as a retributor squad with 3 multimeltas
Finally might add a pentitent engine as well question is though do I want the special character or more firepower,and at least the sisters squads can have heavy weapons now

Does rather suck that seraphim can not all have meltabombs now,as they made rather good tank hunters

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

4 inferno pistols seem to work well for tank hunting...their sister superior can take a melta bomb.

The confessors and uriah are the only Hqs to take. Living saint on occasion. Uriah is a must have.

Uriah with 6 DCA and 3 Cruaders and a confessor with the same in rhinos for a little HTH capibility. Only things in the list that can put out a little HTH.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

Well the sisters list I run is all sisters/female

repentia which I have always used seem more survivable now

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

After reading over it more I am still annoyed as all ##$$$$$ but it is a game after all and I play to have fun,

I like the new faith system ,really if you think about it how many faith points did you use a turn? 1 maybe 2 then save them up for a big turn or two,,,now you are more likely than not going to have 3 or more per turn.

2000 pt list

Living Saint
Canoness,rosarius,meltabomb,pw
command squad 3 multimeltas
immolator

Celestians,multimelta,melta gun,extra sister
Immolator with twin multimelta
Repentia,plus one,meltabomb

sisters squad,storm bolter,multimelta,flamer,rhino with an extra storm bolter
sisters squad,multimelta,flamer,rhino with an extra storm bolter
sisters squad,2 storm bolters,heavy bolter
sisters squad 2 storm bolters heavy bolter

seraphim,extra sister,meltabomb,pw,hand flamer(with no longer count as one flamer but two right?),,power weapon
serahim,extra sister,meltabomb,handflamer,power weapon,

exorcist
exorcist
pentitent engine
(thoughts?)

I just hope this wb dex is just a stand in till a real book is released,still hope for new minis or something,,,,but with GW you never know.

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
extropymine ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by extropymine »

I can no longer talk about the Sisters of Battle without losing my temper a little bit. I'm sorry that Games Workshop has trouble sculpting human breasts-- seemingly no trouble with space elf breasts, though-- but good grief. It's been a decade and they're the only army that weighs five thousand pounds to lug around. I suppose somewhere in me I hold out some dim hope of new models, but I got so sick of feeling jerked around I dumped 90% of my SoBs a month before the half-assed WD 'codex' came out. I kept my conversions and a few others. I don't regret the sale so far.
It's a rule of thumb for trades: check my feedback, I'll check yours. Lower rating ships first.
If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same.
Don't like my offer? Don't get offended-- make me a counter-offer instead!
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

Lucky you.

I debated dumping mine.

I held out hope the mini dex would at least be "usable".

I thought GW couldn't make another minidex mistake and would at least give it a college try.

I put my sisters in the top of the closet. It will be nice to bring them down in 4-5 years if my daughter wants to play then.
This game is the Parchisi of my people.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

I am not going to give up just yet,sisters were the first army I wanted to get when I first got into 40k 15 odd years ago,,,but had to wait till I could offered them.

Consider how long necrons went,,,,dark eldar it doesnt make it suck any less,but I am still going to play them and have fun,just not sure why the squad sets arent available any more.

could it be better,oh lord yes, a five year old could have written a better codex,even a white dwarf one.

Am I reading this right,,immolators can no longer move and fire their flamers?

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
casiowiz ( 224 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by casiowiz »

I was disappointed from what I saw, so I wrote GW and got a response as shown:

Hey there Neal,

Thanks for writing in to us and expressing your support and concerns for the Sisters of Battle. As a Sisters player myself (I collect The Order of the Bloody Rose) I understand how passionate you can get about your favorite army.

While the articles in the two latest issues of White Dwarf can in no way compare to a full blown codex, I feel that they will provide an adequate stop gap so that Sisters players such as us can play their army in the 5th edition of Warhammer 40,000 until a new codex can be written (along with new miniatures J). The Witch Hunters codex was originally published in early 2004 for the 3rd edition of the game and doesn’t play or handle as well two editions on. We did exactly the same thing with the Blood Angels army which got an army list published in White Dwarf across two issues back in 2006. This allowed existing players to play with their army in the game until the new codex was published in February 2010.

As far as the Imperial Guard Storm Troopers and Arbites are concerned, I am going to use the models to represent regular Sisters of Battle squads in my games. That way I can still use the miniatures that I spent so much time painting which adds a little variety to the look of my army on the table top.

I hope this gives you a little insight into why the new codex article has been written, and what the future may hold for the Sisters. I’m not too sure when a full codex will be written for them, but, as you’ve said, they haven’t been forgotten about.

Thanks!

Dave Swan

Customer Services Manager

Please do not delete previous email threads as this will help us serve you better!

Games Workshop

Customer Service

6211 East Holmes Road

Memphis, TN 38141

Games Workshop Customer Service is open:

Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM CST

Contact info:

1-800-394-4263

custserv@games-workshop.com

Or visit us online at:

www.games-workshop.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:25 AM
To: US Customer Service
Subject: White Dwarf - Mini-Codex - Sisters of Battle

Dear Games Workshop,

In a brief review of the two issue release of the mini-codex for he Sisters of Battle, I would like to make mention of a couple of points.

1. I'm glad they're not forgotten.
2. The models are getting harder to find as the box sets disappeared
3. Many troop choices which were available are not in the newest version. Why would I keep buying Citadel/GW products if they're useless in 3 years?

I hope before the "final pdf mini-codex" is released that at least the troop choice issue gets revisited. The Imperial Guard and Arbites were great options to give variety to an army that is missing a lot of flair as a whole.

Thanks,

Neal

P.S. I didn't know who to send this to so I just got the main GW Customer Service Address
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

good lord I hope to hell it doesnt take 11 years to get a full new codex

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

More like:
Hey there Neal,

<copy/paste same text we're sending everyone else in hopes that they don't see through our thinly veiled lines of bullsh**>

Thanks!

<insert corporate shill here>
My favorite part was where he ignored your inquiry about receiving better troop choices by mentioning that he'll be proxying non-sisters models as sisters!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

I would love to be a fly on the wall on whom ever has to read all the hate mail that has to be flooding into that emall address or via twitter.

A few things I've noticed having read,reread and let it sink in

I am not sure why so many are up in arms about basic sisters costing 12pts now,if you look at the old codex

basic squad cost,,,110,14 for a VS,,,10 for grenades=134 without any special weapons or upgrades,only heavy weapon they could have before was a heavy flamer

now,,,125 including VS,grenades,,,most heavy weapons are wayyyyyy cheaper and they can take them now,,,not sure why heavy flamers are 20 points though,,,as they are not all that powerful,can take melta now ect.

Repentia are cheaper,,,now have a save thats worth something via feel no pain,plus an invulerable save,,,and can get one last hit in.

Seraphim,,,,cheaper,,,though rather annoyed about the hand flamers costing 20 points now,,,,I loved having to in a squad and jumping next to a horde unit and cooking them.,,,not sure why they took away the option to give them all meltabombs either,,,

command squad ,,,proxy retributor squad that might be able to move and fire,,,hello thats cool!

cheaper saint
cheaper rhinos

all tanks have a save right off the bat.

Faith is easier now,really as it was rather a pain to have to stop and explain every time you went to use one and remember which ones were under and which ones were over the squad size,,,now its rather simple,sure some of the cooler stuff is gone but as I have yet to play test my new list I can not say if the new faiths are worse

things that suck

7 years of waiting for a white dwarf codex!

Almost all weargears gone,,,immolator can no longer cruise around and fry stuff,if I am reading it right?,,celestians got kinda screwed for an elites choice,no new figures,,,squad box sets aren't available ,,,no more allies,,,ect more inline with the older sisters codexs that were all female,,,I think the other Inquisitor style armies can be run with grey knights right?

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”