Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Poison ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Re: Thoughts on the new sisters minidex?

Post by Lord Poison »

GW has never been any good at making white dwarf codexes
didn't they learn anything from Warriors of Chaos, or Blood Angels?
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Post by don_mondo »

well, I got in my first game using the new Sisters list. Forgot a few things as we were playing but it went ok all in all. And I won against a BT army.

As far as units/codex.
Celestine. A must take. He killed her three times and she got up the first two times and started messing with his plans all over again. Game ended before I got to try and stand her up again.

I tried out Uriah with a squad of DCA/Crusaders. I think I only used his reroll once, so not a huge effect on the game. Why is it that a unit that would actually benefit from frags (DCA) doesn't have them? This coming week I'll be trying out the Canoness/three multimelta command squad.

Elites, didn't take any. If only we had an assault vehicle tho.................

Troops, had four 10-girl squads on the table, three with multimelta/melta, one with two flamers.

Fast. two minimum squads of Seraphim. one with two sets of flamers, one with two sets of inferno. These were both actually rather disappointing. the flamers are only ST 3, and even with the reroll to wound, they only did so-so. I thought the infernos would come in handy for anti-tank, but given that they only get 2d6 within 3", it proved rather difficult to pull off. They did evetually get to and kill a Land Raider. But along the way, I realized taht these gals make a great anti-heavy infantry unit. his termies hated them!

Heavy. Gotta love a unit that fires four rending heavy bolters. took two of them and they popped rhinos, killed troops, and were the only unit that truly performed as I expected.
Exorcist. Only have one, I'll probably pick up another one but not in any rush.

And all total, I had 5 Immolators, four with twin-multimelta and one flamer. One of them killed his second land raider and the others scared his rhinos a lot.

Overall impression, playable but not competitive. The total lack of psychic defense is the biggest loss, IMO. And I'm one of those that is pissed about the standard Sister points cost going up. Sure, they gained frags and kraks. Which they will likely never use. I'd rather have had the points cost go down and give me an option to buy grenades. The loss of most wargear options for the Canoness (especially the jump pack) is nuts.
I do like the new faith points system. Much simpler.
Don "MONDO"
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

So, is this thing available LEGALLY on pdf yet?
Will it be?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

not sure if its out via pdf yet but it is supposed to be released for free via the GW website.
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”