So what are you running for Ard' Boys?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

So what are you running for Ard' Boys?

Post by Norseman »

I'm imagining that there is going to be a LOT of Grey Knights and Space Wolves.

Any interesting ideas? Any Meta-game spoiler lists?

I am thinking about doing a Shooty GKs army. Lotsa Monkeys in Chimeras and Rifleman Dreds.

You gotta love mech in the current format and I think the real power of the GKs is their shooting. I plan to be mobile and heavy shooty. Trying for a get out there and defend.

The missions are generally victory points based, and you know it all comes down to the last mission.

I think having 2 HQs is a MUST for the last mission you need one that is gunna kill and one that is your gunna hide in the last mission.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: So what are you running for Ard' Boys?

Post by Norseman »

I ran:

1x Coatez
1x Inquistor /w Conversion Beamer
2x Strike Squad in Rhino - (5 Halb,1 Sword,1 Stave,1 Hammer,&2 PsyCannon)
3x Inq Henchmen in Chimera - (3 Jokero & 4 Warrior)
1x Inq Henchmen in Chimera - (5 DCAssassins,3 Crusaders, 1 Banisher/Evis, & 2 Jokero)
1x Rifleman Dread /w Psyamo
1x Ven Rifleman Dread /w Psyamo
2x DreadKinght /w HIncin & HPsi

I came in second at my store. Had some bad dice in the last game and got a Draw vs Tyranids. Strange I know... Could not make a Test to activate my Force Weapons all game, and my 2 Dreadkinghts were running away at the end of the game. Damn you shadow in the Warp!!!

I should be attending Semis in Minneapolis.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: So what are you running for Ard' Boys?

Post by Norseman »

Ran the same list in the Semis and did alright. Dice failed me, and I finished out of the money. My opponent actually, commented on how he hadn't seen anybody actually roll that bad before. It was a good learning experience and I think I would actually plan on attending next year as well.

Enjoyable tournament though.

Great store Legions in Savage MN.

Upon consideration on how my list did, and what units did well and which units did not. I have decided to cut the Vindicare Assassin. It did absolutely nothing but miss its target or fail to pen or wound. Total waste of points. I think I will replace with another Dred.

I think I will cut the monkeys down again and put 2 per squad instead of 3. Maybe add a squad. That would mean I would have to cut a Strike Squad. Thinking of adding another shooty unit maybe a Purgation Squad...

Anyways I think I am up for a small retool.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”