40K Tzeentch Herald on Chariot Base Size Q

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

40K Tzeentch Herald on Chariot Base Size Q

Post by oaflord »

Hi All,

I know this has been covered before on various sites but I want some input on this.

I have a Tzeentch Herald on Chariot I am scratchbuilding (emphasis important) and need to figure out what size base to put it on.

A Tzeentch Herald on its own is considered to be Infantry. Once you put it on a Chariot, it moves its type to Jetbike.

Since I am scratchbuilding it, there is no base that comes with the model as I am making it (use the base that comes with the model rule...). What size base would be acceptable to use for this chariot? I can fit it on something as small as a 40MM round if I wanted to but could use a 60MM round or even the oval Valkyrie/Stormraven base as well.

Thoughts????

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: 40K Tzeentch Herald on Chariot Base Size Q

Post by MagickalMemories »

Even though you're scratch building it, you should follow the parameters for a stock model.

So, if you're putting it on a chariot, making it a jetbike, you should follow what normal jetbikes come with.

My DE jetbikes come with the 30mm flying stands. So, that's the size I'd say.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I have seen Jetbikes on the new bike bases and on 40mm rounds. I would put it a bike base personally. There is just so many cheezey exploits that you can do with the new bike bases.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

MagickalMemories wrote:My DE jetbikes come with the 30mm flying stands. So, that's the size I'd say.
The only problem with that is... it won't fit on a flying stand. Not even close.I got a bunch of ideas from the CD fansite, so I am cool now. Once the army is done, I will post it in the "Post your Army Pics here!!!" forum so you can see what I had to deal with...

oAF
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Do a dreadnought base then.

It is a disadvantage gameplay wise so your opponent should not mind.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

Norseman wrote:Do a dreadnought base then.

It is a disadvantage gameplay wise so your opponent should not mind.
Am I competitive? Yes. ...but I do not enter tournaments enough to care about a disadvantage like that. I would rather it look good, which is why in the end I have decided to use an oval Valkyrie base. The model would not fit otherwise and will be the centrepiece of the army. Thank you all for your help and suggestions (even if I ignored it...lol).

oAF
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I would say the valk base would be a stretch. There is alot of trixy stuff you can do with it, that would make it a serious advantage. People MAY not be okay with it. The dred base is just way more common in the game, and lacks the trixy ability.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

IMO, if it's too big for a 30mm flying base, you should use the very smallest base you can get away with, and it should be ROUND.

If you put this on an oval base, then turn the model 90 degrees, you're picking up a couple inches there. That can make a HUGE difference in game play.

In a tourney, I would address it with the TO, to be honest. If it was someone I knew/ a local game, I would make it very clear to my opponent that I would not stand for shenanigans with the oblong base (I would say it much nicer, though LOL)..

If the flying STAND (and not the base) is the issue, then don't use a standard stand. make something sturdier.
Just my thoughts.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”