New Sisters WD Codex - Thoughts

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

New Sisters WD Codex - Thoughts

Post by Norseman »

Just got the new White Dwarf Sister's Codex Part#1

Firstly let me take the time to insult greedy money grubbing GW for this 2 Part Codex. WTF like you really NEEDED to put it in 2 parts. So now I have to either cut the two WD's apart and bind it or lug around two torn up WDs whenever I want to play my sisters.

On a good note the sisters seem to be pretty fun with the acts of faith and shield of faith. The entire army has a 6+ inv save (ala Bretonnians). That's pretty sweet. As long as they don't make us pay through the nose for it I think everyone should be happy. I am not exactly happy that they did not include the Adeptus Arbites. Frankly I am PISSED. I have about 100 of them that I wanted to field Judge Dred Style. Penitent engines FINALLY get 11 armor front and side. Maybe someone will actually field the beautiful model now. Sister's Repentia get 1 attack even if they were killed in CC from a higher int. Wow maybe someone will actually field them as well. Everything else looks pretty standard and not very surprising. Looks like they may have fixed a lot of problems. I think Jerimiah will be an auto include for every army. He allows a reroll for the faith points dice each turn. With the power of the faith points I think everyone will want to have at least a 3-4 minimum per turn, and with the bonuses to you roll being able to be built into each squad i think it is going to be easy to make it difficult to fail a test.

I honestly think this is going to be a serious mid range shooty mech army. HtH will be average to low.

I don't foresee it toppling the SW GK or BA for top spots but will do well against Orks & IG and the other mid range contenders

All in all it comes down to what they make us pay points-wise for everything. They better make em cheap. I'm thinking 8-9 points for a basic sister. Anymore and it will be cost prohibitive, depending on free special and heavy weapons.

Let me hear your thoughts.
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Re: New Sisters WD Codex - Thoughts

Post by darkjedilaw »

From what I have read, this "book" completely underwhelms me. Admittedly I haven't had a ton of time to digest.

Loss of I4 to celestians and seraphim. we are going last.

Repentia can attack when they die...only on your turn. Faith pool empties at teh end of your turn (according to my read) so no faith on your opponent's turn.

Cannoness seems to lack a retinue. Looks like instakilling will be fairly easy depending on wargear.

Looks like these girls are going to fold in hth and get sweeping advanced on the order of necrons.

Armor 11 is nice, but would it have been too much to get rid of open topped? Plus they "real Rage" now, so in essence, are slower.

Guessing the Immolator is just a new name for razorback. Hoping they at least allow cruising and flaming like before.

The devil will be in the costs next month. If they drop into the 8-9 point range, they might be playable but obtaining the models to go horde will be costly.
This game is the Parchisi of my people.
Shane ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Shane »

mostly, I'm hoping for some new sculpts. Especially facial sculpts. The only real hth unit you have is limited to 6 so I hope more arco's are allowed. The learning curve on retinues is pretty stiff. You say the repentants can attack before they die? Maybe they'll finally be worth those 20 pts.
Always looking for well sculpted Female miniatures.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Norse, they did the same thing with the Blood Angels. The previous BA codex was a 2 part WD codex, but they did eventually release it for free in PDF format.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I thought the BA WD Codex was in one part. I do remember the Woodelf one being in one part.
Maybe they'll finally be worth those 20 pts.
If the Repentia are anywhere NEAR 20 points GW has got it's head up there butts. I am also going to bet on GW's greed. They always make something that was good suck and something that was fail amazing. (Ala Possessed Marines) I am thinking that they will be about 14-15 point max. Well more like hoping. If you keep those girls behind another squad or in cover they are going to be amazing.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”