Black Guardians and identifying old Eldar bitz

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Black Guardians and identifying old Eldar bitz

Post by TheRhino »

I bought a junk lot on eBay a couple weeks ago, and sorted it into usable and "Terrain fodder."

I ended up with a small handful of metal Eldar bitz, two of which are left arms with chainblades. One is still atached to the remainder of the sprue tab, which is labeled "BLK GUARDIAN". When was a Black Guardian kit available? Second Edition?
I checked the CCM Wiki collector's guides, but 80% of the photos in the Eldar area are broken or missing.

I also have some pieces of what appear to be a Second Edition Heavy Weapons Platform, but can't be sure. Iknow one bit is the backpack from a "Loader" model (via CCM Wiki). Anyone have shots of old 2nd Ed Eldar I can identify off of?

I can toss a pic up tonight, but figured I'd ask for a resource first.
Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: Black Guardians and identifying old Eldar bitz

Post by Dakkar98 »

The chainsword is from the current Storm guardian kits.

The tab says Black Guardian because they were released in 3rd /4th edition with the release of the craft world codex.
Bits for my marines: Need/Have
Studded Shoulder Pads: 900+/290+
Mk6 Helmeted Heads: 800+/600+

It's Bartertown, if you don't like my offer, please haggle with me.

References Owed (to me and by me): TheKiiier, CraftworldsRus, morgazmo84015, Beesterdo, 2.0, chosenoftzeentch, kepora, tiger, beowulfdahunter, getupandgo, thibner, snikrot, Crovan.
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

Ahhh, ok. Thanks.
I also managed to ID some of the other bitz using Stuff of Legends' catalog archive...looks like some Fire Prism targeters and such.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Actually the Black Guardians were released during the Eye of Terror book and campaign.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”