Carrying cases...

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

About420Arabs ( 14 )
Trade Novice

Carrying cases...

Post by About420Arabs »

Does anyone know where i can find a new carrying case for my new Eldar army that i picked up...? i'm looking to be able to fit in around 3500 pts. and looking to spend close to $35-45...

Thanks in advanced...
Alu Akbar! Alllalalalalalalalalah! KaBoom!

Eldar: 3750
Necrons: 1500

If you say you're gonna pay... Please do so! you will be given 3 days to pay or i will sell them to someone else!

If you still need a Trader Ref. remind me... I may have forgotten about it!

If you buy from me i always try to give you something extra in return! and i will always go out of my way to help you if there is and issue!
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Carrying cases...

Post by HarlequinZero »

For only 35-45 you're probably looking at a trip the
DIY store for some Tupperware style boxes and then over to the craft store for foam which you will have to cut yourself to fit. Professionally made cases are NOT cheap now-a-days and one large enough to carry 3500 pts of Eldar would be pricey.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
About420Arabs ( 14 )
Trade Novice

Post by About420Arabs »

Thanks... that's kind of what i figured most would say... un fortunately i guess i have to resort to going to the hardware store and doing just that... :-?
Alu Akbar! Alllalalalalalalalalah! KaBoom!

Eldar: 3750
Necrons: 1500

If you say you're gonna pay... Please do so! you will be given 3 days to pay or i will sell them to someone else!

If you still need a Trader Ref. remind me... I may have forgotten about it!

If you buy from me i always try to give you something extra in return! and i will always go out of my way to help you if there is and issue!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

For less than $50, I doubt you could even make your own, barring the use of substandard materials (cardboard boxes and white styrofoam).

You could get one, single, Battlefoam case that would hold the entire collection, probably, but you're looking in the $multiple-hundreds, there.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

The Econobox solution might work for you. It's a cheaper alternative than Sabol and others. (I'm a Sabol guy myself.)
Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Spartan 117 »

Whims can't believe you asked that question on here lolz. That's not possible with that many points especially considering how much armor your gonna have for eldar. I'd just splurge on a carrying case this time bud.

Can't wait to see what u get for them the next time we head to the shop or play at my place lolz
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
Blitzburgh Steelers Blood Bowl Team
MattHoell ( 100 )
Resident Trader

Post by MattHoell »

I'm a huge fan of plano gun cases

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Protector-F ... _ai_ps_t_1

They are a cheap way to store your minis without damaging them.

I have found I can fit about 2 large tanks (hammerheads) in the bottom, and about 40 infantry models (fire warriors) in the top.

I don't think they will fit your needs and budget perfectly but they will come close.

The other nice thing about them is that they are pretty much sold in any store that carries hunting supplies, so you can go check them out before you buy them.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I use a plano fishing tackle box.
It has 3 slide in stoaged compartmaents. You can buy the compartments at mart stores and even home depot for about $2-3 each. The top section has room for a couple tanks. I get a LR, pred and a couple rhinos as well as a DP or dred.

I store a squad or 2 in each box. Then just rotate the boxes as needed.

http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/fishing-products/

There are several to choose from.
Last edited by kturock on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
shakespear ( 192 )
Resident Trader

Post by shakespear »

Thought about Outrider Hobbies?

http://foamcorps.com/
Youtube channel:

youtube.com/achancesw

Podcast:

http://chanceofgaming.com/
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

I've used the plano tackle box as well.

I've cut 1/4 multiboard down into a size that will slide into the side grooves where the plastic tackle boxes normally fit and liquid nails/glued thin sheet metal to the top of that. From there it was bulk magnets to bases, even on the underside of vehicles mounted next to the treads.

With a GW case for the infantry and careful spacing on the vehicles, I could get most of my armor to the FLGS pretty safely, depending on what list I wanted to play. Of course with the release of valkyries, that went out the window.
This game is the Parchisi of my people.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”