Dark Eldar Beastmaster question

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Dark Eldar Beastmaster question

Post by HarlequinZero »

Hey all, I don't play Dark Eldar, (thought about it, but changed my mind,) but I DO have the codex and with the release of the beasts I got the urge to look over their entry. However, I find the wording of the entry confusing and it seems to me there are three distinct ways to read it that are all equally valid. I do have a gut feeling that option one is correct.

1. (most likely) For each beastmaster in the unit you can choose one of the beast types and then take up to the number of those beasts listed as the pets of that particular beastmaster. (i.e. You could have 5 clawed fiends in the unit if you took 5 beastmasters, but you could then have no other beasts.)

2. For each beastmaster you can select only one beast from the list and the number before the beast is the overall number of those beasts that can be in the unit. (i.e. You could only have one clawed fiend in the entire unit.)

3. For each beastmaster in the unit you can take one of each type of beast listed as long as the unit on a whole doesn't contain more than the number before each beast selection. (i.e. one beastmaster could have all three options, but only that beastmaster could have a clawed fiend.)
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Dark Eldar Beastmaster question

Post by MagickalMemories »

Each Beastmaster in the unit can take ONE "group" of models. He may take UP TO the listed number in the "group."
So, 5 BM's could take 5 Clawed Fiends or 3 Clawed Fiends and up to 10 (but at least 2 -- 1 - 5 each) Khymerae. So, this does allow for beast units to be of mixed types of beasts... but they all attack as one unit. if a unit attacks you, they can't "pick out" the Clawed Fiend. They attack the unit & you allocate as normal (ticks off MEQ players when you make your 4+ Invul save against their PFists LOL).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

MM is right...
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I think the beasts are the TRUE power in the DE list.

Fly up with a sac unit drop a webway portal as far as you can... Second turn "CHARGE!!!" from webway portal. Third turn realize you have nothing else to kill, and win.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”