Grey Knights - What are you running

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Grey Knights - What are you running

Post by reegsk »

Oh, I can only imagine, NM. Especially the Paladins. A unit of 2W models with a 2+/2++ would be painful. But 4+ invulns without having to sacrifice shooting is pretty nice. And being able to give the Apothecary in the Paladin unit a 2++ is pretty nice.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

So excited getting my GKs today!!!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Isn't Saturday the official release date for the codex?
If so, I'll need to stop by Miniature Market to pick one up.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Yep, the 2nd is the official release. I'm looking forward to the next 40k tourney around here. I can't wait to see nob players cry. . . :twisted:
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Retailers are allowed to sell as of the Monday before the official release. As long as they have stock. Preorders were shipped out on Monday and are usually overnight. So that means I should have some GKs after work.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

From what i understand Gks are a TOTAL sellout. f you do not have it pre-ordered. You are not getting it for at least a few months. If you thought Blood Angles were bad it was nothing. My FLGS owner was telling me his GW rep was going down his retail store list by dollar value ordered in the previous year, and letting them order what they wanted until it was sold out. He said it didnt look like he was going to even get a quarter of the way down the list the way it was going. There are going to be ALOT of very pissed off people.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Putting together my Dreadknights. I have found that this is one model that I believe you should actually paint the model before putting it together. At least the armor plates. Keep them off and glue them on after painting.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

So, just how poseable are those things?
Would it be easy to pose one, say, kneeling on one knee?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Their arms are posable but the legs are pretty monopose. Unless you do a lot of work. I was hoping to do some custom poses to make the all different as well.

Weapon swapout via magnets is really easy, however you need to make the pistons and arms movable if you are going to do this.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I just got my Grey Knights codex and I read over Inquisitor Coteaz's special rule regarding henchman units as troops. In my opinion, there is no way to read the rule that allows a player to take an unlimited number of henchman warbands. The applicable part is "(henchman warbands) are not limited by the number of Inquisitors in your army." That bit simply counters the rule that you can only have one henchman warband for each Inquisitor in the army. It doesn't give you the ability to ignore the force organization chart's limits.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I think the main argument there is that, in the Henchmen description, it states that they do not take up an Elites slot on the Force Org chart. There's nothing clarifying that, when Coteaz is taken and they become Troops, that they now take up a force org slot. I agree that it's probably an oversight on the writer's part, but by the rules it's unclear.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Yeah in the henchmen band rules it says they do not take a force allocation slot.

It has to be errataed. I fit isnt the books broken. If it is... It is still pretty damn good.
bhouze ( 44 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by bhouze »

Try Coteaz and a bunch of 5 model psyker units in chimeras. S 7 AP 2 assault large blast is a new twist on the guard hide in the transport and shoot out. and for 50 points plus the transport. Heck even if they do perils you'll still have the chimera to contest objectives,etc.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

can you run an entire army of apes? and perhaps one human/Grey Knight,,,,(say modeled on a mini statue of liberty?)
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Well that is up for debate... we are expecting there to be a clarification that you can't take more than 6 henchmen squads when you take Coatez. If it is not changed bring on the planet of the apes.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”