Grey Knights - What are you running

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Re: Grey Knights - What are you running

Post by eman1_2 »

To me it is pretty clear that they become a troop choice, nullifying the 'doesn't take up a slot' rule. Seems the Corteaz rule would always supersede the other rules. When Sanguinary Guard become a troop, you can take 6 of them, not the 3 you are limited to as elites, for example. Not exactly the same, but similar.

If someone put that down in front of me saying it is legal, I would call them a tool to their face, and pack up and leave.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Norseman wrote:Well that is up for debate... we are expecting there to be a clarification that you can't take more than 6 henchmen squads when you take Coatez. If it is not changed bring on the planet of the apes.
I think it's pretty clear that you can only take 6. It doesn't say anything about them not taking up Troops slots, and says henchmen count as troops with him.
So, I don't see anything but "6" as being the answer (if it's even addressed).

Depending on the points limit, though, I think you could still field PotA.

6x12 Orangutans in cages (Chimerae) with all the toys (upgrades) you need.
Coteaz

Done.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

In order to make that list you'd need to be playing roughly 3000 pts I think. One squad of a dozen monkeys in a Chimera is between 400 and 500 pts.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Even better.
That just means that you can make an "all Jokaero" army and fit it in 2000 points (provided you're using Coteaz, of course!)

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Well we had a tourney on today. I ran Grey knights. Man are they good.

I ran:
2 x 10 Purifiers 2 Incin 1 Staff 1 Sword 5 Halbs 1 Hammer(1 in Rhino)
3 x 5 Jokearo 4 Warrior in Chimera
1 x 5 Warrior 3 melta in Chimera
1 x Coteaz
1 x 7 DCult Ass 3 Crusader 1 Banisher /w Ivis
2 Stormraven
2 DreadKnights /w H Psylincer and H Incin

It was VERY strong.... The Jokearos were strong but not broken. I was imperssed how strong the Purifiers were. They wrecked everyone. 1 Turn that they got there force weapons off vs the shadow in the warp the killed a Trygon and Tervigon and 2 huge squads of gaunts.

Grey knights came in 1 and 2 . I was #1!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Congrats, man. Good job.
The guy who owns the place where we game buys a few thousand points (pro painted) of every army that comes out that he's interested in. He's got a few squads of metal GK's that he already had and probably 4000 points on the way. So, we've been proxying builds. I've played against a LOT of GK armies since the dex came out (probably 7 to 9 games, which is alot considering that we only play on Saturdays). He's only ever played GK's - no inquisition. They're just bad assery. No other way about it.
We've played a LOT of DE vs GK, looking for a build. Only shooty DE have a chance against them (though a couple squads of Incubi are essential, as they eat GK's alive). Shooty Eldar do well. Last night was a game I just KNEW was going to be horrible.
GK vs Daemons. The GK army was an "all comers" list, and not geared towards Daemons. It was a straight KP battle. In the end, GK's won 11 kp to 8. KNow what, though? They got their asses KICKED. In the end, there was 1 Grand master, 1 live Razorback, 1 Immobilized RBack & an armless dread. They only won because the Daemons weren't geared out to take on Armor very well.

I'll say this, though. That game taught us that EVERY GK army should invest 20 - 30 points on 2 or 3 Servo Skulls. Flamers of Tzeentch kill GK's in HORDES with their template shot. Nothing to it!

Next week will probably be Blood Angels and another shot at Daemons. I'm not even wasting my time by BRINGING my DE. LOL

Eric

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I have to say the DCult Assassin and Crusader squad is a beast. The Dcult get 4 int6 PW attacks on the charge each at str 4 and if Coatez gets off Hammarhand Str 5. The crusaders can handle most of the saves from light shooting and from whatever is left over after the Dcult attack.

The Monkeys can run around in their Chimeras and flame the crap out of most units. I usually kept 2 stationary taking out armor and 1 moved forward and flamed. I was tempted take another suicide 5 man warrior sqaud with 3 meltas for taking out heavy armor. It ALWAYS made its points back.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”