Anyone see the new GK codex yet?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Anyone see the new GK codex yet?

Post by Norseman »

I seen a preliminary copy of the codex.

It looks really good.

2 Wound Termies - called paladins
everything has a psychic power

Bunch of named Characters and Inquisitors out the ying yang.
ted777ccg ( 154 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Anyone see the new GK codex yet?

Post by ted777ccg »

How do you foresee a game with everything having a psychic power? Seems like it would bog the game down a bit.

Travis
- Our Sting is Death
- Sons of our father, stand in midnight clad. We bring the night.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Every squad and vehicle has a psychic power. Most squads it is Hammarhand and the Vehicles have a buff power. I don't think it will bog anything down.
leth ( 352 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by leth »

Once a person gets used to using their army(as it is for any army) the psychic powers should not get in the way, rolling two d6 takes like 5 seconds tops
USA

My prices/trades are just estimates, I do not know the going rate. If you want to know sooner, send me a offer.

Just started my painting blog. To keep myself painting mostly
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

that was a nice reading. just a concern about the personnal teleporter, does that make the unit being jump infantry and once per turn move up to 30 or they are considered jump infantry only when they make that once-per-game 30 move....If it's right for the first point, a jumping dreadknight is pretty impressive..(eventhough the cost of the option is high)

Overall, it looks tempting and will be different from the previous version of th dex... can't wait to see the models which will be the determining factor, otherwise a lot of 'count as' can be made from that dex :pre-heresy armies and Alpha Legion in particular as well as 1k sons, Custodes with full paladins in troops....AD. Mech is also a possibility, even if i think the dex Orks is the best for that

6 weeks....

For the psy powers all over the place, that won't be an issue, it's mostly just one roll per unit per turn, more for Characters, considering that you will have less units than most armies, it won't be as bog as any others Eldars, DE or Tau with their own special rules.

J.
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
ted777ccg ( 154 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by ted777ccg »

Sounds like it could go quite smoothly.

Eeeh, Ive always steered fairly clear of armies with a junk ton of psychic powers. Everytime I try, it backfires and blows up in my face. I can almost recite the Perils of the Warp paragraph in the rulebook by heart. ;)

Travis
- Our Sting is Death
- Sons of our father, stand in midnight clad. We bring the night.
jturner ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Post by jturner »

Yeah, I saw it and it's GARBAGE!!!

Just Kidding. I haven't seen it yet but want to.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Well the armory is missing from the leaked dex... That will make the difference whether it is a good codex or not, the minutia will probably be the test of the book.

I think the Personal teleporter will proabably be a once per game thing. Kind of like a mid game deep-strike.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Norseman wrote:
I think the Personal teleporter will proabably be a once per game thing. Kind of like a mid game deep-strike.
the personal teleporter special move is once per thing game, the question is does the personal teleporter make the bearer jump infantry for the whole game in addition of the special move... the way it's stated in the leaked dex is pretty unclear.
i secretly hope yes...because that would make strike squads and dreadknights pretty good entry in the dex...
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Nah I don't think so... Proabably just a Free deepstrike. I don't think it will give them extra movement, on top of the teleport.
wookieegunner ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by wookieegunner »

Why not. It's not that much different then Blood Angels Assualt Troopers (Jump Troops with a once a game cool rule).
By trading with me you agree that all signature based trade rules are not in force. If it isn't in the PM thread then it doesn't apply.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Everything with a psychic power and the ability to take a Cullexus??? Woohoo!
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Provided the rules for the Culuxes doesn't change, that could be evil.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
WowGiveUpOnLifePlz ( 20 )
BTown Regular

Post by WowGiveUpOnLifePlz »

Local FLGS is getting the early copy sometime in March.
From what I've seen of the leaked Dex is they are going to suck. :'(

They suffer from the point eating problem. They have no easy way to
get into CC while being effective.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I don't think they're going to suck by any means. On the other hand, they WON'T be the Blood Angels pt.2 where 5 year olds can d/l a "l33t" list off the web and rock out an 'Ard Boyz tourney with no experience. (I exaggerate slightly. Really, just slightly.) This, to me, is a good thing.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”