Stormraven Sprus - Pics

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Stormraven Sprus - Pics

Post by Norseman »

Here are some pics I scored at the FLGS.

Don't know if anyone has seen these yet.

Looks Like a nice kit.

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Stormraven Sprus - Pics

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

The sprues look good. It's what they go to together to build that looks like a helping of ass mixed with toad parts. :P
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
gpfredette ( 720 )
Bartertown Marshall

Post by gpfredette »

Good day,

The sprues look good and are up on the US GW site for pre-order (for release on 2/5/11).

I hated the Raven at first but it has grown on me and I'll be getting at least one.

The only thing I still dislike is the turret - I just don't picture the Space Marines putting that type of turret on any of their vehicles. I am hoping (and by the look of it should be good) that the Razorback Turret mount will fit in the hole.

Thank you,
Williams, AZ
Home of the Historic Grand Canyon Railroad

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Lower Rating ships/pays first.

My Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=14243
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

I really don't like the tail fin on the thing. Looks like a design afterthought. And the turret, but that less so. I may get one, but still on the fence.

And 12/12/12 fast skimmer is pretty easy to drop. Needs to do it's job on turn 1, because on turn 2, it is likely going to be dead already.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I have a variety of reasons for disliking the kit on its aesthetic merits, but I think my big beef comes down do this:

I understand that GW is a company and needs to make money yada yada yada. And I have no problem with them introducing new kits in order to sell cool new toys to the little boys and girls. And we not so little boys and girls.

What I dislike is the introduction of something so transparently designed as a cash grab.

1. It's completely non-canonical. They literally pulled it out of their ass.
2. It's canonically redundant. This fills a niche between the Drop Pod and the Thunderhawk...that doesn't need to be filled.
3. Its rules have been designed to sell the kit, not to improve the game or game world.
4. There is no need/demand for this sort of kit in the first place.
5. I can't resist. I think it's hideous.

Now, contrast that to the Baneblade kit.

1. Everyone has wanted this. Since forever.
2. It's hella cool.
3. It was released as part of a whole new way to play the game, adding tremendous value to the gaming environment (I almost exclusively play Apoc now).
4. It's canonical.
5. It's rules were playtested through Forge World before coming into the mainstream.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

Anyone else notice the Grey Knight / Inquisition sword / book icons on the last sprue? I know it has been rumored that GK get one, but that sort of makes it official......

Edit - Sorrow, I completely agree with 1-5. But, point 3 is a big one, and is what may cause me to actually get one. But at $66, I will wait until I can grab on here :-D
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I kinda like it... I bought the pre-release sample and get it on release date. It could be better model yes, but it aint THAT bad. Good Eye Eman... Yes that puts a definite "CONFIRMED" on the GK getting one.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Chickenhawk model.

Those are GREAT pics of the sprues, though. Better than any I've seen, so far.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

MagickalMemories wrote:Those are GREAT pics of the sprues, though. Better than any I've seen, so far.
Ya, good on you, Norse. Sorry to crash down with all that negativity. I appreciate good sprue pics!

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

My 3rd party source who saw the darn thing in person sayeth that his spare Aegis Lascannon Turret did not fit in the hole.. so I suspect that the dream of Razorback turret replacement is a pipe dream
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

I bet you could make it work with some modding. If the socket's too small you can always ream it out.

It's funny, but the turret's the only thing I like about the Stormraven. If enough people hate it, I should have no problem picking up a few on the cheap!
A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I like the turret, but only for a Razorback. :)

Trade them to me and I'll swap for my Razorback turrets! :lol:
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I was just saying that about the turret the other day. The turret itself wouldn't be SO bad, but that huge chunk that sticks up behind it is just. . .weird. It's like the Imperial designers wanted to prevent the Stormraven's turret from defending it against fighters in its six.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

reegsk wrote:I was just saying that about the turret the other day. The turret itself wouldn't be SO bad, but that huge chunk that sticks up behind it is just. . .weird. It's like the Imperial designers wanted to prevent the Stormraven's turret from defending it against fighters in its six.
Or game designers...
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

I wonder how well that turret would work on the observer's seat of a Forgeworld Aquila.
A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”