Adepticon

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

MEDEVL ( 362 )
Expert Trader

Adepticon

Post by MEDEVL »

I'm sure there are some folks on here that have been to Adepticon in the past and/or have some info on the upcoming 2011 con. I've never been but am seriously considering it. Please give me all of your juicy details and help sway me.

I won't be palying in any games probably so tell what else there is to do there. I mostly just like the idea of hanging out with other gamers and watching the games and looking at the cool armies (and maybe trading some bits or minis!!).
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
narceron ( 126 )
Resident Trader

Re: Adepticon

Post by narceron »

I would also like to hear about vendors, auctions, any cool stuff I might not know about.

I am registered and set up to go, but this will be my first year.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

A quick when, where it is.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Post by don_mondo »

April 1-3, Chicago

http://www.adepticon.org/

I'm planning on being there, this will be my second trip. Looks like I'll only be playing in the team tourney portion. I had a blast last year.

Lots of vendors, lots of good deals. I'll be bringing a lot more spending money this year. In addition, after Saturday events wrapped up, people were bringing in tons of stuff to sell and trade.
Don "MONDO"
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

My group wasn't expecting the team tourney to sell out in 3 weeks (and have a 25+ teams long waiting list in early December), so I'm not going in 2011, though I planned to.
It's not worth the trip for me, as that's the only event I intended on playing in.

You can expect I'll be shooting for 2012, though!

MEDEVL, there's a huge list of what's available to do while you're there that you can get on the site. There are lots of painting workshops.
Nothing listed on the site is free, though. That's something to keep in mind.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

That huge barter room was a blast,my favorite part of the whole weekend,,well that and all the ladies running around in corsets.; :-D
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

I'd wanted to go, but it's the weekend of my wife's birthday. I knew enough to not even ASK. ;)
zeronyne ( 22 )
BTown Regular

Post by zeronyne »

My first time was last year...I had returned to 40k after a 19 year hiatus!

I didn't play in any games, but I did attend a few painting workshops. If you just want to cruise around and check out armies and games, you don't really need to pay for admission (unless that has somehow changed this year). There are a surprising number of vendors. Gale Force 9 has a nice big wall, there is a guy selling literally buckets of laser cut bases that you purchase by filling Chinese takeout containers. The main bag companies are there. Wayland games has a very nice employee that dresses as an SOB. Blue Table Painting, Armorcast, some Podcast guys, etc. The painting competition should be insane this year with the 10 grand prize...

You can see several hundred pics I took at the last Adepticon over on Dakka.

Oh, and if you buy from the vendors, there is no sales tax.
Gargathor ( 26 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Gargathor »

Last year was my first. I was VERY impressed by the vendor presence. Obviously it's not GenCon, but there were quite a few sellers.

You can spend many hours looking at the 700+ fully-painted 40k armies, or the 200+ Fantasy armies. FoW has a good presence as well. PP is going to be there for their 2nd year, and Wyrd (Malifaux) are there for the first time. There was plenty of space available for open gaming. The swag bag is quite simply ungodly, and has to be seen to be believed. A good time.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”