I saw the Stormraven pic

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: I saw the Stormraven pic

Post by HarlequinZero »

MagickalMemories wrote:LOL @ Chibihawk.

I'm going to stick with "Suckraven."

Eric

I partial to "Stormturkey"
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, God knows these things are going to get carved open like the bird on (US) Thanksgiving!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

You know, I thought the same thing about my valkries. Did not get any because of the super high price tag and then finally got one for bithday and somewhere along the line, I got a second one.
Never used them for a LONG time because I thought, meh, for no more then they do, their huge size and sucky 12 av, they are useless. Then I got into a lets just try them to see kick and they actually did very well and even the av armor held up pretty well. More then enough to drop their payload or get shots off and served to distract shots from my other stuff. They REALLY surprised me.
It helps to have them outflank of course and I dont know the exact rules for the ork-marine thing but might be worth using a proxy to test it out for some games before either dismissing it out of hand or going whole hog and buying 3. If your a die hard marine player and have the cash, I would suggest getting one (or asking for one for the holidays :twisted: ) just for display and coolness purposes.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I understand where you're coming from, Evil. But, how many points are Valkyries?
Suckravens are BASE two hundred points. There is just too big a difference between the two, IMO, to make a comparison.
In an already expensive army, those 200 points are a LOT of points for something that dies so easily.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

Your definately right on that but i think there are other variables to consider. I wont ask for exact details but are they able to deepstrike or scout? if they are, making use of those abilities could make the difference because then they wouldnt have to cross the battlefield but rather surgically deposit the cargo where they are needed. Then, the enemy would have to choose. shoot at the units disembarking (I assume they can assault upon leaving?) or the transport. Chances are, the units coming out would be the priority target in that case being the more immediate threat.
Even so, outflanking and deepstriking is not allowed in all scenarios ( if it has either of those abilities to begin with). Either way, you can sit and argue whether or not to get it with anyone else (I'm not saying to get it without trying it out first through proxy). heck, i wouldd sit and argue with MYSELF for weeks on end before deciding myself LOL.
I'd say use a proxy and try it out in all it's various possibilities through a series of games to see if it "flips your trigger" before making any decisions one way or another. I am sure its a pricey model and not a purchase to make lightly and without such research.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
locust ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by locust »

The Chibihawk is kinda like how the Death Company is now. It's useful, but you have to start building your army with it first. You can't just add it in. My plan is to use it to deliver 11 Death Co., a Chaplain and a Death Co. Dreadnought into the middle of my opponents face and punch it in. Is this an ultra expensive set-up? Yup, it is. However, this was the starting point for building the army. Everything else gets built around this bit. Which is how I view the Chibihawk's value.
Go on, laugh! But one day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure... Then you'll look over and I'll be there... Doin'... stuff!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

locust wrote:My plan is to use it to deliver 11 Death Co., a Chaplain and a Death Co. Dreadnought into the middle of my opponents face and punch it in.
Best.
Post.
Evar!

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

Wait... People think that the thunderhawk looks like it could actually fly???
:lol:
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Post by mardaddy601 »

What part of, "willing suspension of disbelief," is hard to understand? :lol: :wink:
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
locust ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by locust »

mardaddy601 wrote:What part of, "willing suspension of disbelief," is hard to understand? :lol: :wink:

I think it's the willing bit that's confusing people.
Go on, laugh! But one day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure... Then you'll look over and I'll be there... Doin'... stuff!
jturner ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Post by jturner »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:
I threw up in my mouth a little.
:lol:

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”