Bad Trader Report: NIK2286 - Resolved per OP

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

Bad Trader Report: NIK2286 - Resolved per OP

Post by Forsaken Poptart »

Forward: I had not originally planned on leaving negative feedback, but I have been encouraged to do so, and I believe I am the wronged party in this transaction. I am not entirely without blame, and will address that below, but as it stands, my interaction with Nick has been less than satisfactory, and I would advise anyone working with him to be wary.

Forsaken Poptart wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 pm
Drop me some pictures, I'm definitely interested!

[EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED]

Thanks!

Subject: H: Khador CHEAP W: Paypal $$
NIK2286 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:47 pm
Hello all! Looking to get out of the hobby. Khador army for sale. 90% painted to far above tabletop standard. Can email pics. Comes with bag, tokens and widgets. $250 + Shipping

Warcasters:
Sorscha 1
Sorscha 2
Irusk 1
Irusk 2
Vlad 1
Vlad 2
Butcher 1
Butcher 2
Strakhov 1
Strakhov 2
Zerkova 1
Karchev
Harkevich
Old Witch 1

Jacks:
2 Juggernauts
2 Destroyers
4 Marauders
4 Kodiaks
2 Devastators
Spriggan
Berzerker
Grolar
Beast 09
Drago
Torch
Behemoth
Ruin
Magnetized colossal

Gun Carriage

Units:
Full WGI + UA
9 Rocketeers
3 Full Rifle corps
3 Ironfang pikemen
Mon o War shocktroopers
Man o War Demo Corps
Kayazky plus underboss
2 Kayazy eliminators
great bears
2 mortar crews
field gun
mechanics (full)
widomakers
greylord ternions

Solos:
Marksman
Gobber TInker
2 Greylord overseer
2 Koldun lord
Kovnik Joe
Ragman
Kell Bailoch
Yuri
Fenris + Dismount
Markov
2 Manhunter
Orin Midwinter
War Dog
Gobber Belows crew
Eerryis 1
2 Iron Fang Kovnik
Re: H: Khador CHEAP W: Paypal $$
Sent: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:47 pm
Recipient: Forsaken Poptart

I emailed you some pics.
Sent: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:56 pm
by Forsaken Poptart

Looks good to me! Just for clarification, the numbers you have next to the units means you have multiple units, right? Like it's not just 3 lone Iron Fang Pikemen and 3 guys with rifles? Also, Are the units plastics, or metals?

I hate to be a pain, but if you could take pictures of the whole lot, I'd super appreciate it. In the foam is fine, no need to unload them.

I'm pretty much for sure going to buy them unless there's something horrifyingly unexpected.

Thanks!!
Sent: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:05 pm
Recipient: Forsaken Poptart

No problem! Yes, its full units in multiple, not random odd numbers, lol!

I'll take fresh pics later tonight and shoot them over before midnight (EST).

I'll be able to ship Monday morning. A big box and that much stuff is likely gonna be ~$50 to ship, just a fair warning.

The rifles are 2 plastic, 1 metal.
The pikemen are 2 plastic and 1 metal.
the WGI are all metal.

everything else should be metal? at least half the jacks are the new plastic kits though.

hope that covers everything!

NIK
Sent: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:43 pm
by Forsaken Poptart

Sounds good to me. I'll wait for those pictures. I'll put $250 down when I get them, then you send me the receipt for shipping and I'll pay that once they're on the way. Will that work?

Thanks!
NOTE: Our email communications had started here, but I sent this message as a backup. I had some issues with Google and Youtube that day.
Sent: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:02 pm
by Forsaken Poptart

Just in case (my Gmail and other Google stuff has been acting weird today), I sent $250 to ncaruso@ymail.com just now. Let me know if you got it OK.

Thanks!
This is our email communications:

Nicholas Caruso <ncaruso@ymail.com>
Attachments
Sat, Jun 1, 10:08 PM (6 days ago)
to FoxB369

I’m totally fine with that arrangement. In the pics, the warcasters and a few others are “loose” but will be individually packaged for shipping. The bag will go as-is since it’s really well cushioned (and I’ve sent a few that way with no problems)

This email is fine for PayPal. Will ship Monday morning if paid and address sent! 😊

Brian Fox <foxb369@gmail.com>
Sat, Jun 1, 10:47 PM (6 days ago)
to Nicholas

Sweet! I'm calling in a couple of debts to scrape the money together, but I should be able to pay tomorrow morning. My address is:

[REMOVED]

Thanks!!

Jun 2, 2019, 5:01 PM (5 days ago)
to Nicholas

Hey there,

I've sent $250 to ncaruso@ymail.com Let me know if it arrived OK!

Thanks!
Nicholas Caruso
Sun, Jun 2, 5:06 PM (5 days ago)
to me

Got it! I forgot about fees 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have everything boxed up, ready to ship tomorrow! I’ll shoot you a pic of the receipt and we can square up when you receive them!
Nicholas Caruso
Jun 3, 2019, 2:39 PM (4 days ago)
to me

Here’s your tracking number and the total. Would you mind adding ~$5 for the packing materials? And possibly sending it as friends and family to avoid the fees?? (I understand wanting recourse on the initial transaction. No hard feelings there) thanks!! Hope you enjoy!!

[I didn’t attach the picture, but it is available if need be]
Mon, Jun 3, 2:55 PM (4 days ago)
to Nicholas

I can do that, if you don't mind me waiting until it's in my hands- just to be sure, you know?

Thanks!

Nicholas Caruso
Mon, Jun 3, 4:01 PM (4 days ago)
to me

Of course!! 👍🏼

Nicholas Caruso
Nicholas Caruso
Jun 5, 2019, 5:27 PM (2 days ago)
to me

Everything make it, alright??

Nicholas Caruso
Wed, Jun 5, 5:34 PM (2 days ago)
to Nicholas

I won’t be home for a couple hours, I’ll know then!
Thu, Jun 6, 12:15 AM (1 day ago)
to Nicholas

I got through the boxes and bags, so far the only problem is one of the Eliminator models is missing her arms. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. I’ll get through the army transport tomorrow, and once that’s good, I’ll settle up and we can exchange feedback!

Thu, Jun 6, 9:45 PM (17 hours ago)
to Nicholas

Hey Nick,

Just one issue- There are only two units of Rifle Corps, one metal and one plastic, here. Can you double check and make sure they made it in the box? Were they in a bag outside of the army transport? I still have all the packing materials, and I'll go through them again to check.

Otherwise, everything looks good. the metal Iron Fang standard broke, but I can brass rod that, so no problem.

As it stands, just the one Rifle Corps unit and the eliminator arms (if they're around).

Let me know and let's see if we can figure this out.

Thanks!
Nicholas Caruso
Thu, Jun 6, 10:57 PM (16 hours ago)
to me

So this was my buddy’s army that he just wanted gone. He forgot to update the totals when he had originally parted it out. Unsure about the eliminator arms. So when he sent me the numbers I just copy and pasted, sorry. 😢
Thu, Jun 6, 11:07 PM (15 hours ago)
to Nicholas

Eliminator arms are fine, our meta is going to do a parts order soon anyway :)
Let's meet in the middle. You cut me a really good deal, so I can only be so indignant about one missing unit, right?
I owe you $30 for the shipping still. Call it $15? I think that's fair, but of course, it's my idea. If you have another thought, I'm open to it!
Nicholas Caruso
Thu, Jun 6, 11:51 PM (15 hours ago)
to me

Shipping was shipping. I’ll eat the fees.
12:17 AM (14 hours ago)
to Nicholas

So I’m just out a unit?

Nicholas Caruso
7:29 AM (7 hours ago)
to me

If you’re that unhappy feel free to ship them back. I had several offers for MORE than what you paid. I don’t do business like that, as you were the first to contact me.

It was an honest mistake in numbers. You’re still getting $1000+ MSRP for 280. This feels mighty petty.
10:43 AM (4 hours ago)
to Nicholas

Shipping is paid- thanks!

For additional context on the last email, the shipping I paid was $25. Not the complete payment as agreed, but also more than I had originally proposed. I was wrong in making the assumption, but I believed that this would allow both Nick and I to walk away not entirely satisfied, but neither of us taking any significant loss (plus, yes, it was a bit petty. It felt good in the moment). The only option I was presented by Nick was to ship the models back, and I have to assume that I was expected to pay the return shipping. Additionally, as he mentions, he would be able to turn around and sell them very easily, which leaves me with very little leverage to get satisfaction. Plus, I fully agree that this was a fantastic deal, which is why I jumped on it. That said, the price being so low should not be a negotiation tactic when the description is incomplete. I am more than willing to complete the rest of my payment and resolve the transaction amicably, but ask the same courtesy in return.

At this time, I am appealing the Bad Reference he left for me. I leave the rest to the admins.
Do I owe you a trade ref? Remind me- sometimes I forget!
Awaiting trade refs from: tristym, yazaran

If you don't have your Location listed, take a second and update it!

-I respond within 48 hours unless utterly incapable. Please do the same. Any offer I make stands for that long as well.
-Lower rating? You ship/pay first. Same goes for me.

'How Much for...?' messages will no longer be replied to at all. I've been nice about it, now I'm done.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Trader Report: NIK2286

Post by MagickalMemories »

OFFICIAL RESPONSE:
-The price was the price, regardless how good a deal it was. Seller does not get to say, "Well the price was so good that you should just let it slide." Missing items are missing items. The price was based on the agreed upon contents of the deal. Would the buyer have paid the same price if the unit wasn't listed? Probably. Unfortunately for the seller, that's not what happened.

-The army might not have belonged to the seller but, per BT rules, the seller is responsible for anything he lists, whether it's for himself or others. He listed the army, he accepted the funds, he should have made sure the count he was given by his friend was correct.

-It was not cool of the seller to tack the extra 'packing materials" cost on AFTER the agreement was made. If the seller wanted that, he should have made sure to list it up front.

-From the negative reference the seller left for the buyer:
After finalizing our agreement, Brian noticed I had written down 3 units instead of 2 (the intended total)
Based on the correspondence above, this is untrue. The email exchange above shows that the seller was unaware of the unit count, not that he made a typo: "So when he sent me the numbers I just copy and pasted"

- I think the buyer should have done the right thing and paid the shipping as agreed, OR held the entire amount until a resolution could be found. Paying only part was passive aggressive and wrong - which the buyer admits.

- I think the amount the seller wanted to be compensated does seem fair on the surface, when you consider the cost of the unit at MSRP (or online retail value), vs what he wanted. Upon further consideration, though, I think it's actually not fair. Not being a WM/H player, I'm not familiar with these units, their make-up, etc. I don't know what the quantity in a unit of "x" models is. Making some assumptions (and actually calculating in favor of the buyer), it appears as if there were about 116 models (not including any cards, tokens, dice, bags, etc) that were received. This puts a value on each model as $2.16, roughly. So, a unit of 10 (under that calculation) would be $21.60. But, if you weight the trade more reasonably, and give Jacks & warcasters a higher value per model (which they SHOULD have), and you add in some value for the bag (etc.), I'd wager that the cost per model for the missing unit of 10 models barely reaches $10.

So, here's what I say, officially.
I'm removing the buyer's negative reference, based on the falsehood contained in it.
I'm also removing the negative that the buyer left for the seller, because a BTR should contain more than just a link.
Neither the buyer nor the seller should return those negatives at this time.

Buyer and seller should converse via PM or in this BTR and come to a resolution like a couple of adults.

Which of you wants to be the bigger man and reach out to the other first?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

As it stands, I have paid $275 for the army, from a total discussed $285. I never had any intention of holding out for anywhere near the MSRP of the unit, and I think that's reflected in my emails. I would accept $10 for the unit, and I likely would have if Nick had made any effort at a negotiation. As I said, this was a great deal, and I can only be so upset about one missing unit. I am OK with the situation as it currently stands, I mostly just believe that the negative review was unwarranted. I am OK with my negative review being rescinded and would be happy to leave a neutral feedback- Nick doesn't seem like a bad trader, we had very positive interactions until we reached an impasse and neither of us handled it 100% right. Let's chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

I will also apologize for my passive-aggressive action, I thought it would leave us both as satisfied as we were going to get, and shouldn't have, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

If it helps smooth things over, I would also be happy to have Nick send refunds to me, and re-do the transactions as Friends & Family transactions, so that we both get closer to our desired outcomes. I wish I had thought of this sooner, as it may have helped us avoid this whole situation.

-I respond within 48 hours unless utterly incapable. Please do the same. Any offer I make stands for that long as well.

'How Much for...?' messages will no longer be replied to at all. I've been nice about it, now I'm done.
Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

As far as I am concerned, this matter is resolved.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Locking it up, per the OP.
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”