Bad Trader Report: hurricanphoenix - RESOLVED

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Bad Trader Report: hurricanphoenix - RESOLVED

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

Hi Bartertown,

So I have recently dealt with hurricanphoenix, who said that he had mercenary models for trade from Privateer Press
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Hey you still interested in Khador stuff? I have a few jacks that I picked up recently that im lookin to sell.

Sent: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:32 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
I can trade as well. I have a merc force that I am expanding slowly. Sea dogs, forge guard, and the mule I am interested in. I have approximately 10 jacks and a drakhun man of war solo. Jacks include 5 Juggernauts, an old school berserker missing a foot, an old school marauder, black ivan, a destroyer, an old school heavily armoured khador jack (the clamp jack) and a behemoth conversion i did not create.

Sent: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:45 pm
by hurricanphoenix
I would be very interested at the current moment I'll have to wait a day or so I just moved so I would have to locate everything first, is that all the khador you have??

Sent: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:09 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Unfortunately yes thats all i have. If we do trade i am up for retail value to retail value. Mine ends up at about 300ish (not including the conversion cause that ill give up for free. Its shoddy by my standards and i dont have the time to fix it up). Your units that i listed end up at 150ish so if willing ill take the whole merc lot. You can check my math if im wrong but my end should be around 300ish and so should yours with the merc lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything seemed fine, but then there was a long pause on communication. So I sent a message to him
---------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:14 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Are you still interested?
-----------------------------------------------
So a long pause went on so I started trying to trade my khador away to other people when he responded back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:58 pm
by hurricanphoenix
Yes sorry familydid a surprise a week which no internet camping trip and didn't have time to message anyone sorry and yes I am
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this message we proceeded to make a deal for the lot through a series of messages that will be shown below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
One of the juggernauts i ripped apart for bitz to convert something so i am down one juggernaut. What mercenaries do you have available for trade again?

Sent: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm
by hurricanphoenix
I have a unit of forage guards, alexia 2 with a thrall, rock bottom, Gorman, doc, sea dogs with weapon attachment and a mule

Sent: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:46 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Do you think my whole lot for your whole lot? Sounds fair to me. We pay our own shipping. If you agree my address is [Admin edit - Never include your OWN address. It is ALWAYS acceptable to edit out that information]. If you Cannot get it out to me before the 15th I am moving to a new address. That address is [Admin edit - Never include your OWN address. It is ALWAYS acceptable to edit out that information]. Easy way to put it is before the 15 is to [Admin Edit 1], after the 15th [Admin Edit 2].

Sent: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:50 pm
by hurricanphoenix
What is you're lot again lol I forgot

Sent: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
4x juggernaut
1x marauder
1x clamp jack
1x berserker
1x destroyer
1x black Ivan
1x behemoth conversiom
1x drakhun man of war solo

Sent: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:45 pm
by hurricanphoenix
Sounds good I will have to wait now cause you are moving and it won't be there in time

Sent: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:52 pm
by hurricanphoenix
I found I still have a boomhowler unit any interest?

Sent: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:55 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
No thank you. I already have a boomhowler unit. What is your address so i know where to send the models?

Sent: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 pm
by hurricanphoenix
9321 county road ww
Wisconsin rapids, 54494
Christopher smith

Sent: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:01 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Awesome. Ill send out the models earliest tomorrow, at the latest sunday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After him sending me his address, I have had zero contact and no shipments to me. That's what these next messages are.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Hey I am all moved in and its been awesome. Gonna send your models tomorrow.

Sent: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:30 am
by OrkWaaaaagh
Sent your package right now. Tracking number is 9505515889727200063543

Sent: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:27 am
by OrkWaaaaagh
You ok? Just need to know when you are sending the models.

Sent: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Are you going to respond?

Sent: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:43 pm
by OrkWaaaaagh
Seriously dude? Can you respond to my messages. If you dont I am gonna put a BTR on you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So this is where I am. No contact. No models. Almost 300 and change models gone and my money spent on shipping. I don't believe that he is purposefully doing this or trying to rip me off, but I am worried that he also might be trying to rip me off. All help appreciated bartertown.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Bad Trader Report: hurricanphoenix: No responses and no models sent

Post by 3eland »

I have sent him a PM and email asking him to address this.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

Thank you 3eland! Like I said Ive seen his reviews and I feel he means no harm. Just worried.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

FWIW, this is the Whitepages.com link for that address:

http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindNe ... here=54494

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

So what do you guys suggest I do next? If I cannot contact him who should I contact to either get my stuff back or to get my value of stuff back? I just do not know cause I have never been in a situation like this.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

If you have an email address, I'd suggest using it. give him a final warning.

Failing that, I'd call one or all of the phone numbers for the businesses associated with that address and ask for him by name.
If they don't know or have never heard of him, ask for the manager/owner & give them the BRIEF details (I arranged and online trade with a man by that name, and shipped a package to your address in his name. Online tracking shows that it arrived on X date, but I have not heard from him), and ask if they recall such a package arriving or know who might have received the package.

If THAT doesn't work, you can use a little Google-Fu to find what Post Office would've delivered it. You can ask about the package and request that they ask the Carrier if he/she recalls the package (you might be surprised what they can recall). If you're SUPER friendly and use your manners to the point that you're ALMOST overdoing it, you should see a positive reaction.

If the carrier remembers the package and 9especially) who they gave it to, call the business back and give that information to the owner/manager.

Those are the steps I'd take, in that order. I don't play around. I've been known to reach out to peoples' wives, parents and children to find them.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

Awesome!! Thank you for all the info!! Will be doing it tomorrow and will post the results.
hurricanphoenix ( 10 )
Trade Novice

Post by hurricanphoenix »

I am currently working on this matter, I am not and would not jip this man.
OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

Thank you everyone for the help. I believe the matter is handled. Admins you can delete this post as it has been resolved. He is sending the models.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

@hurrican-
Good to hear.

@OrkWaaaaagh-
That is not how this works.
Once you have the models in hand, update the thread to indicate that it has been satisfactorily resolved.
At that point, we'll lock it, change the title to indicate that it's resolved, and move it to the forum for resolved BTRs.

Validly placed BTRs like this are never deleted.

Eric

Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Forsaken Poptart »

I don't know if it helps, and if I'm mistaken in posting this, feel free to nuke me. I had a recent deal with Chris, and while his communication was pretty slow/sporadic, he did eventually come through with a good trade. He missed a few models when he shipped, but pretty quickly sent me paypal funds of their value instead.
Do I owe you a trade ref? Remind me- sometimes I forget!
Awaiting trade refs from: tristym, yazaran

If you don't have your Location listed, take a second and update it!

-I respond within 48 hours unless utterly incapable. Please do the same. Any offer I make stands for that long as well.
-Lower rating? You ship/pay first. Same goes for me.

'How Much for...?' messages will no longer be replied to at all. I've been nice about it, now I'm done.
OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

Hey everyone. Models have been received. Thank you all for your help.
OrkWaaaaagh ( 22 )
Trade Novice

Post by OrkWaaaaagh »

Models were also in great condition. Other than models off bases they were all together

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”