BTR - confusion.elemental - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR confusion.elemental again

Post by dorril »

Should you feel inclined to actually read anything I've posted and respond to it like an adult, rather than the down-on-his-luck-chap, feel free.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Okay guys, let's just step back and take a breather before things escalate further.

Confusion.Elemental, so are you stating you will not be making good with your end of the deal?

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dorril »

In the immortal words of Walter Sobcheck, "I'm calmer than you are." Hah.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

3eland wrote:Okay guys, let's just step back and take a breather before things escalate further.

Confusion.Elemental, so are you stating you will not be making good with your end of the deal?

Ryan
Sorry, 3eland. I like you, but I think you handled that... not quite right.
Let me take a stab at it...

You can BOTH stop acting like f***ing children and more like your damned ages.
You want to p!ss and moan at each other? Exchange email addresses and do it there. It doesn't belong in a BTR.
I'm only a LITTLE annoyed right now. Please, don't get me A LOT annoyed.

Now, confusion.elemental... Answer 3eland's (and my) question: Did we read your post correctly that you do not intend on making good on your end of the deal?

Eric

P.S. When discussing civil matters, c.e, you should look more carefully. As you made the initial contact to him, there are potential grounds for it. Do a quick Google search.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
confusion.elemental ( 164 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by confusion.elemental »

I've thought long and hard on this matter, and while you are being an uncaring [Watch your language!] about allowing me the time I needed to handle this before you got all pissy about it, that does not mean I have to stoop to your level. The simple truth is I had some serious issues I've had to deal with in the past few weeks. I am sorry Dorril that you had to become involved in this matter, but never the less you were. From my perspective, and decent human being would have seen this and understood that in a situation like mine things don't always go according to plan. I'm sorry my grandmothers death unconvinced you, but then again a death rarely comes at a convenient time. I had said originally that I would have been home by Sunday night and would address it that Monday, and that was my plan. But plans change, I had no clue I would be dealing with a suicidal mother that required me to stay longer, and yes that was far more important that dealing with some plastic toys.

I've dealt with a number of trades that took longer then expected, and that never once bothered me, life happens, things slip peoples minds, people get busy. You could have easily sent me another message asking for an update, but you didn't you decided to commit Libel and make this a public matter. Yes you committed Libel when you went past posting the facts and made accusations against me. You claimed motive, and unless you can prove it, by showing where I admitted it, that is a baseless accusation. Your words show malicious intent which furthers the point of Libel. When all you had to do is send me a message and be a little patient. But now we have this mess, so fine lets deal with this mess.

You claim I misrepresented this deal, that is a baseless accusation, as it implies intent, which you cannot prove, again libel. You state this is a pattern of behaviour, which is factually incorrect as a behaviour pattern requires a multitude of instances over a long period of time. 2 instances out of dozens of trades is not a pattern, in fact it is an abnormality at best, so again you commit Libel. As to the matter of the things you claim are missing.

1 Fire warrior
4 incomplete fire warriors
1 kroot hound leg
6 flying stands
5 incomplete pathfinders
1 Ethereal

I have spoken with the wife on this, she assures me the Ethereal was packaged in the same bag as the Fire warriors, she also states that the leg to the Kroot hound was included. She is sure of this, because as she was packing up the hounds she considered reattaching the leg, but decided against it, as it would not have enough time to set properly and would most likely break in transit. We have checked and rechecked out Mini storage are 3 times now to make sure the missing items were indeed not here and they are not. I don't know why you are saying they are missing, but I know those two items were in fact shipped.

You claim that you received 8 complete Pathfinders out of the 10 promised, so I owe you for 2 pathfinders for $5.84

As for the Fire Warriors, you are missing one and 4 are incomplete, however your pic links are not working so I can't see them. So I will also accept your price of $10.36

That means that I owe you $16.20, and subtracting the $0.90 and $3.59 that comes out to me owing you $11.71. If you send me your PayPal address I will send you the money I owe you
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
Journeyman Trader

Actually it seems I was mistaken, in straightening up of the house I found both the Ethereal and the leg that is missing, I am not sure how we came to overlook it, but those two pieces have been found. I will get these two items to you right away, and I appologize for that.
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You know... especially after everything that was said above... for you to step up and admit that you F*ed up... openly... It takes some backbone.
Good on you for that!

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Journeyman Trader

It doesn't change much of what I said. I never said I didn't do anything wrong, I'm was and still am pissed about the accusation that I was intentionally trying to mislead anyone. If I screw up, I will own up, but I'm not about to sit by while false allegations are levied against me.
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dorril »

As was said previously...
"In the last week(ish), there HAS to have been a time you could have done it again. Heck, you had to take a dump at some point."

I totally understand that situations change, I would ask that you accept that as I will not attempt to prove it. You made no attempt to keep me informed. You are absolutely right that dealing with life is far more important that plastic toys. I assume you manged to deal with other creditors in life, paying them and communicating with them. Communication was all that was needed and it did not happen.

Now in your second paragraph you state that life happens and people get busy. You further state that I could have sent another message asking for an update. Your communication, once a fault was identified, was initially fairly regular (please look at the above listed communications). It wasn't until you were pressed to address the fault that you went silent from the 24th to the 29th.

Next you state I committed Libel, had malicious intent, and provided baseless accusations. I would be careful when stating that I acted with malice and made baseless accusations, you may fall prey to what you have accused of me. The following is the basis of my claim:

"You have previously misrepresented yourself in trade with another individual on bartertown. You not once, but twice, misrepresented your products to me even after I asked for clarification. Lastly, after receiving and finding no fault with my end of the bargain, you knowingly sent an incorrect / faulty / misrepresented product to me. Since then you have made absolutely no effort to correct this. I have since offered a way out for you."

Before you changed your tact you stated:

"Sent: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:39 pm
by confusion.elemental
sorry about that, I was out and I asked my wife to package them up for me. She's usually pretty good at it since she plays as well, but it seems she missed few things, tell me exactly what you are missing so I can get them out to you and make this right."

This would indicate that it is very likely that you have no clue what was actually placed in the package. My purpose in the BTR is to accurately detail my experiences in this deal. I have provided you with pictures and a list to the best of my abilities, it unlikely that I can do more given that you won't trust anything else I offer as evidence.

You state I had malicious intent. If by that you mean I intended to warn others of your actions so that they could be adequately informed, then I agree. As I first stated, the point of the BTR is to provide information to the greater bartertown community. I have long since assumed I would receive no notification. Your actions, namely the focus on how aggrieved you are and the inability to actually address the faults presented, have moved me to seek to report you. Up until this point you have made very little actual effort to come to any sort of agreement with me.

Now, I notice you have made an attempt to address the previously stated issues. We now rely on the assurance from your wife that she properly packaged the products. I was not under the impression that I made this deal with you and your wife. Your wife's word, as communicated by you, does not match the reality I have before me. I understand how you might jump to the conclusion that I am evil and have actively attempted to sabotage you, what other course do you have to take if you are a reasonable person dealing with another unknown on the internet. I urge you to believe that I have acted with you in complete honesty, attempted to the best of my abilities to provide you with all available information. I also have trouble comprehending what motivations that would lead to hiding a single kroot leg, an ethereal, and to add only bits of other models into a package. I get that you will assume I have a monetary motivation here. $30 odd dollars isn't worth this.

Ultimately we arrive at my word versus your word of what your wife said. Sadly I did not knowingly enter into a deal with her or know that I would be accepting a package put together by your family member. Further, the only information that truly matters in ALL of this is whether I received what you said you would sent. I am truly glad that we have moved on to dealing with this directly now.

I have reposted those same picture links here. I assume you will believe I have altered them (I also hope that I will avoid egg on my face by miss posting these pictures). These are the same pictures which I loaded on to picasaweb previously.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H-5r ... G_0248.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t0wZ ... G_0249.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l_On ... G_0250.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eHTY ... G_0251.JPG

Lastly, I claimed the following:

conservatively an ethereal goes for $16.
Pathfinders typically go for $35 for ten plastic guys and two drones. Conservatively, and Ill pardon the lack of drones since I didn't specify earlier, pathfinders would go for $2.92 a model. since I am missing two that would bring the pathfinders up to $5.84.
Kroot hounds go for $24.75 for four. I am missing a leg which effectively makes one model useless. Unless you know of a better alternative, a replacement would cost $6.18.
The firewarrior kit goes for $36.25. divide that by 14 models and you end up with $2.59 per model. given that four models are incomplete that would bring the total here to $10.36.

I have excused the GW flight stands as I believe it is entirely unreasonable to expect those to make it through the mail in a usable condition.

Totaling $38.38.

You offer:
"That means that I owe you $16.20, and subtracting the $0.90 and $3.59 that comes out to me owing you $11.71. If you send me your PayPal address I will send you the money I owe you"

Does this accurately bring us up to the present condition of our disagreement? If so, let us continue on.
Journeyman Trader

yes it does, as I stated if this is agreeable, I need a paypal address.

All this fuss could have been avoided had you given me time. Yes I could have taken a few minunets to send you a message while I was 'taking a dump' if I was in an area where I got data service. My family lives way out in the country, look up Rutledge, Al sometime. I'm lucky to get cell phone reception, if i stand on a hill, out in the open.

And as for being borderline on commiting Libel, I've done nothing but state facts, I've not accused you of anything other then what your factually guilty of. I've specualted nothing about your intent, nor your character. I've made no accusations, only stated facts, so I am good.

perhaps if you sent me your paypal address, we can be done with this.
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dorril »

I no longer care to speak on anything other than coming to an agreement on payment value. I don't need your appraisal on how you feel about me as a person.

So $25 is the average of out two prices. How does that sound. That way we both lose out on what we want. I accept partial value for what I initially traded for and you pay slightly more than you were hoping.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Why not just send the missing parts that were found? Why Paypal?
What am I missing here?

Eric

dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dorril »

That will also work for me. Anything reasonable to end this huge waste of time.
Journeyman Trader

I found some of the missing parts, the ethereal and the hound leg. But not the fire warrior and pathfinder parts. So to make everything square, I'm willing to send some money via PayPal to cover the needed parts.
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dorril »

Does that then bring us to you sending the ethereal / hound leg plus a paypal of $11.71 US? As far as shipping I do not expect it to be overnight-ed, slow is okay. I would prefer you save on shipping as best you can so long as the items arrive in a usable condition. Given they are metal, that should be fairly easy to achieve. as far as the paypal, I can send you a payment request if you pm your email my way.

Does this work?

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”